PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

mikey_32
10th June 2009, 18:22
I'm thinking of changing the complete suspention on my car, well no that's a lie, springs and shocks, my car has done 196k miles and starting to feel a little tired in the ride department, thinking of firming it up some what by changing it all to zt-t set up, is there anything you guys can think of to watch out for, do the mg's sit lower, will this alter the tracking? think mg's look far better and also thinking that the mg setup would assist when towing

JohnDotCom
10th June 2009, 18:32
After altering any suspension components always best to have four wheel alignment re-done afterwards IMHO.
Springs also could be altered.

The MK2 cars already have the MG Steering Rack which gives less turns than the Rover setup.

No reason not to put the ZT-T shock absorbers in place of the Rover ones.
Rear end may be more difficult depending on what you have fitted already.
I have self levelling so it would be a massive job to alter.

mikey_32
25th June 2009, 16:25
I understand what people say about looking under the back seat for codes relating to the suspension sat up on their car but I want to uprate mine, does anybody know if the rear suspension off a saloon will physically fit on a tourer or are the shock mounts and spring length/diameter completely different, my car suspension is very tired and whilst I'm changing it I want to uprate to the mg stuff, I just want to know if a zt setup will fit on my tourer

BigRuss
25th June 2009, 16:56
Tourer springs and suspension are stiffer than the Saloons anyway.

If you used ones from a ZT Saloon you may not notice much difference. (depending on the type there's 3 IIRC: original, comfort and firm ;))

Should be o.k. to fit the ZT_T suspension .

Russ