PDA

View Full Version : Quick one ..

phil & helen
10th June 2009, 19:03
have a 2003 ctdi saloon , why is the driver side wing/plenum drain hole blocked off ?

chris75
10th June 2009, 19:08
I believe Rover found it cheaper to fit a blanking plug rather than the drainage tube ! Water runs down into the plenum and out the bottom one.......

johnnyallan
10th June 2009, 19:09
Hi, the plenum hole is on the passenger side plus the other one is where the ECU is, please check it on a regular basis and keep it clear, a flooded one could cost you a awful lot of money.

Rabett_Rover
10th June 2009, 19:14
Remove the plug its dead easy and the water drains much better out of my Dad's ZT-T now.
Edit: I also retrofitted a pelnum drain tube.

GreyGhost
10th June 2009, 19:19
Stop.

Do not remove the plug, unless you intend to retrofit the drainage tube, otherwise water will spatter out below and get where you don't want it.
MGR deleted the drain on the upper offside very early on as unnecessary, not as a cost cutting exercise.

Rabett_Rover
10th June 2009, 19:37
Stop.

Do not remove the plug, unless you intend to retrofit the drainage tube, otherwise water will spatter out below and get where you don't want it.
MGR deleted the drain on the upper offside very early on as unnecessary, not as a cost cutting exercise.

I did refit the drain tube lucky choice by the sounds of things.