PDA

View Full Version : Brake question

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 22:04
Besides ABS and brake sensors, is there anything "special" about the brakes on the 75?

For example, Electronic brake force distribution (EBD) or Electronic Stability Program (ESP).

Not Traction Control (per se).....:shrug:

JohnDotCom
10th June 2009, 22:10
Our cars also have EBD fitted. Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
Disc Brakes all Round.
Four Wheel Sensing ABS

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 22:19
Our cars also have EBD fitted. Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
Disc Brakes all Round.
Four Wheel Sensing ABS

Thanks John, That explains how I stayed on the right side of the road tonight due to a slight under-estimation of forward momentum!! ;):getmecoat:

Found a short explanation here....

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/glossary/9664.asp

There are more explanations available (ie: more technical) but this is all I need to know :D

W953 BJX
10th June 2009, 22:30
haha! I've had several of those! On entry to the corner realise it is actually rather sharper than your eyes said it was! Grit your teeth and tense up for impact, somehow make it through, go home and change trousers, and never speak of it again!

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 23:06
haha! I've had several of those! On entry to the corner realise it is actually rather sharper than your eyes said it was! Grit your teeth and tense up for impact, somehow make it through, go home and change trousers, and never speak of it again!

Know what you mean...... Just I've never had to change the trousers!! :D:D

W953 BJX
10th June 2009, 23:09
More haste less speed me thinks!

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 23:20
More haste less speed me thinks!

The trouble with the car is that due to the comfort of the drive, one cannot really estimate the speed visually.... It's just tooooooooo smooth :D

W953 BJX
10th June 2009, 23:24
honestly occifer I was so comfortable I had no idea I was going that fast, and you were behind me with sirens and lights for three miles you say? The soundproofing is very good aswell, I didnt hear a thing! And I raised that rear blind to stop the glare so I never noticed your christmas lights sorry!
I don't think that'd wash somehow!!

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 23:31
honestly occifer I was so comfortable I had no idea I was going that fast, and you were behind me with sirens and lights for three miles you say? The soundproofing is very good as well, I didn't hear a thing! And I raised that rear blind to stop the glare so I never noticed your Christmas lights sorry!
I don't think that'd wash somehow!!

:clap::clap::clap:

But... Tourers don't have rear blinds ;) :D

W953 BJX
10th June 2009, 23:35
Ah... ERM... Your auto dipping mirror could have hidden the ominous blue flashes? What is flat out straight line speed of the tourer? Just out of interest, is it the same as the saloon?

Dragrad
10th June 2009, 23:53
Ah... ERM... Your auto dipping mirror could have hidden the ominous blue flashes? What is flat out straight line speed of the tourer? Just out of interest, is it the same as the saloon?

Just under a ton I'm led to believe, to avoid an auto ban;)

Auto dipping mirrors, what level were they set as "standard" on the saloons (A mate had a Club and no auto-dipping, but he had climate control?)? :shrug:

W953 BJX
11th June 2009, 00:07
I am not sure, both ours have been connie se but the first one was a factory demo and the only thing it did not have was the auto dipping mirror, my current one had it, not sure that it was standard fit? Was it maybe only connies and connie se?

You got to be careful with the little pedal on the right it is deceptive how quickly you are making progress along the road!

bl52krz
12th June 2009, 20:58
supposed to be the same as the saloon 120 mph

W953 BJX
12th June 2009, 23:09
I see! That a conservative official figure?

W953 BJX
12th June 2009, 23:20
I was going to say! I've blasted down bruntingthorpe aerodrome and had an indicated 155... Ah... But I've got aftermarket 17" wheels fitted so that will make it read, erm... Higher than it actually is? no hang on if they're bigger then they turn less to cover the same distance so surely it should read lower? Oh now I'm confused! If I get the chance to go again I'll have to clock it with a stopwatch and an assistant, and or check what the gps says, either way it certainly looked faster than 120, still very comfortable though!!

JohnDotCom
12th June 2009, 23:27
Official MGR Figures are:

1.8 Saloon..................... 120MPH Tourer.....117MPH
1.8 Saloon......................130MPH Tourer.....126MPH
2.0 V6 Saloon..................131MPH Tourer.....125MPH
2.5 V6 Saloon..................137MPH Tourer.....131MPH
2.0 CDT 116BHP...............120MPH Tourer.....115MPH
2.0 CDTi 131BHP...............121MPH Tourer.....116MPH
V8 Saloon........................138MPH* Tourer.....134MPH

* = One Leaflet says 142MPH

These I think you will agree are way under estimated on some cars.

Automatics reduce the Top Speed further by approx 3MPH across all range.

W953 BJX
12th June 2009, 23:34
what is 2.0 V6 saloon figures? Either they're way off or my speedo is! I've started stripping mine for spares now and have no carpet or anything inside, just the dash and a bucket seat and harness, I was planning on getting it on the trailer and having a play see how much it does now with all that weight out of it! I thought it would be limited to 155 but it didnt seem to hit a limiter, it was still slowly pulling, I just ran out of runway! Hmm... I'm intrigued now!

JohnDotCom
12th June 2009, 23:36
I'll have to have a look at the earlier Info sheets sorry,
I'll get back to you.

JohnDotCom
12th June 2009, 23:42
Right 2.0 V6 Saloon.........131MPH Tourer.......125MPH
Automatic Versions 3MPH slower.

W953 BJX
12th June 2009, 23:54
Thanks very much, very interesting, must say it did seem faster than that, I'll have to check it if and when I can get it over there, as it came up past 140 I thought it must be limited to 155 like most german stuff, but according to the speedo it carried on past that, I feel challenged now! I need to find out! Right, couple of jerry cans of shells finest distilate for her a thermos for me and hitch up the trailer! I have a rover 75 land speed record to set!