PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Radio Connection

silver
11th June 2009, 20:08
Hi, I'm trying to remove the wiring block from the back of the harmony radio.

But it won't budge, I presume it should just pull off, but i don't want to force it if there's a clip i'm missing :confused:

silver
11th June 2009, 21:17
No worries managed to get it off along with some skin off my fingers :mad:

Got the Ipod adaptor all hidden away & working,with the steering controls :lol:

But it's saying this won't support charging when i plug the nano in, after the seller said it did :mad::mad:

jcwatrichmond
13th June 2009, 09:02
I can understand you having trouble with the Harmony wiring plug. Haynes says that you just slide the plastic locking clip out and pull out the plug, but I had endless trouble with this as it wouldn't budge.
In the end it came off and I think it was caused by being a tight fit and never having been moved since installation six years ago.

John Wright

Greeners
15th June 2009, 14:54
If you look closely at the connector, it shows you where to insert a flat blade screwdriver. As the clip slides up, the connector withdraws.

The clip needs to be fully up to refit, then push the clip down and it pushes the connector on....

Duotone
15th June 2009, 16:22
Is this any help, its from the Rover Manual.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/harmonyplug.jpg

Dave T

Departed
15th June 2009, 18:12
Ref the ipod charging: later Nanos (mk3) are more fussy about charging. Mine wouldn't charge from a USB charger using the official USB sync lead, but my 5G ipod does no problem. Maybe this is the same issue? I've not tried my Mk3 nano in the car yet.