PDA

View Full Version : Harmony factory fitted radio

zola66
16th June 2009, 16:04
Hi all,

I have a harmony factory fitted radio in my R75 which has a CD button on it, so should I be able to fit a CD changing unit in the boot to play CD`s, if so where located should the connections be.........Regards.

mikey_32
16th June 2009, 16:40
The cd changer if factory fitted is fitted in the glovebox on our cars, you'll need to cheeck that you have the multiplug above the glove box then I think it should be a case of plugging straight in and bingo,although forgive me for saying but my car had this set up in when I bought it and in my opinion sounds awfull, personaly I took the factory unit out and fitted my own set up in allowing me to use my ipod, but if you didn't want to go down that road then maybe if you look on ebay you often find the much better Symphony head units for sale with a cd changer included, this my friend would again in my opinion make a much better choice.

zola66
16th June 2009, 16:45
Thanks mike,

just out of interest what cd player did you fit in yours...regards.

mikey_32
17th June 2009, 09:57
Hi Zola66, I went for a jvc single disc cd player and got the necessary leads and face plate from ebay, I don't have any cassettes so this was something I wouldn't miss, I went for a descent head unit which would play mp3's and also windows media(god knows what this is but it looked impressive on the box) I also purchased an ipod dock for my head unit which plugs in the back, this means I can and have hidden my ipod out of sight in the car and still use the steering wheel controls to control everything, Expensive outlay for my setup but as I spend a fare bit of time in my car I like the sterao to sound at least half descenttotal caost for my system was approx £200 (not including my ipod) look on Ebay, many a bargain on there, it all depends on your own personal tastes, my Father who is in his late 60's thinks the Harmony/cd changer in his 75 sounds wonderfull, I enjoy Classical music and have a more critical ear. I hope this helps. like I say check ebay, if you still want to use cassettes then Symphony sterao's and ccd's come up often or simply get a cd changer for your own Harmony head unit......Mike:)

Simondi
17th June 2009, 16:26
I have a spare spacer (you know what I mean!!) if you want to fit a non Rover radio. Drop me a PM if you want it, no charge, a donation to the club would be fine.