PDA

View Full Version : Electric Seat Connectors under my seats Help needed?

75ContempSE
16th June 2009, 21:52
Hi all I currently have velour seats and i'm going to change to leather, is this the connector under my seat, unsure if it is. Its under the drivers seat, but there is not one under the passanger seat???

If not what do i need to wire in the electric leather seats, or go i change the base so i make them manual, hopefully this is the connector

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_13524a38136b7b2af.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=6687')
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_13524a38136b1e24e.jpg ('http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=6686')

Hopefully there will be someone on here who can tell me what this connector is for

Thanks

Andrew

efreeti
17th June 2009, 00:04
There is a link in my sig below which should help.

I imagine the black connector shown is the electric seat loom, if it is coming up through the carpet under the seat there isn't much else it could be. :shrug: The other side may be present but tucked under the carpet.

IIRC swapping the bases over looked to be a much bigger job than just running the wires in if the loom isn't present.

Departed
17th June 2009, 06:41
That black connector under the drivers is for a seat belt buckle.

The main seat connector is bigger, is clear plastic, and has round terminals in two rows.

So I can't see the seat connector there.

StevenWilliams
17th June 2009, 09:37
I have that connector and after retrofitting Leather electric heated seats I can confirm it has nothing to do with it.

I'm interested in lowedb comments about it being for a seat belt buckle. Whats that then?

Departed
17th June 2009, 12:04
In some markets, there'sa switch in the seatbelt stalk, so when it's buckled up, it opens the switch.

If it's not buckled, the switch puts on a light in the instrument pack to remind you.

You can buy (sometimes) replacement seatbelt stalks with the switch in, and the mating black connector. Some on here have done it.

75ContempSE
17th June 2009, 18:11
So then, i dont have the electric loom in for leather seats, or could it be under the carpet??

If not and as i have no idea how to install an electric loom, unless some one ine the west mids wants to come to mine and give me a hand, is it possible to change the electric seat bases for my existing manual ones????

Anyone know

Andrew

StevenWilliams
17th June 2009, 19:01
You are welcome to come down to me for the day and I'll do it for you. :D

It will be about a days worth of work.

If you are travelling to someone the best way to do it is to remove the rear and passenger seat and put in the leather rear and passenger seat in and put the new drivers seat across the back ones.

Trust me they fit as I did this when collecting mine.

If you need a hand with the wiring just shout. It's quite easy. Also if you don;t have a towbar and have an early model (Pre 2002 I believe) you will already have a spare perm live 30 amp going into the fusebox area.

75ContempSE
17th June 2009, 19:11
thanks very much for the offer i would need all the help i could get as have no idea how i would begin to wire in the seat without the loom being there. My car was registered march 2002, so would it still have the fuse thingy!!!

StevenWilliams
17th June 2009, 19:13
My car was registered march 2002, so would it still have the fuse thingy!!!

It doesn't really matter but it was easier for me. If you don;t have one (I'll take a picture tomorrow) then it's best to bring another connector from the battery in as the seats with all the heating etc can craw quite a current.

75ContempSE
5th November 2009, 21:33
right then i have now just agreed to buy some leather electric seats, so if i remove the passnger seat in mine and look for the wires, could they be under the carpet, if they are there i presume they would be easy to spot!!!

I might be calling on help to fit my seats!!!

Andrew