PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Power - MAF Failure ?

jon75
18th June 2009, 16:39
I would be very grateful for any replies

I have a synergy2 unit fitted - and have had no problems for around 6 months since it was fitted.

However, I am now experiencing a loss of power in acceleration, particularly below 2,000 revs, regardless of the power setting on the Synergy box

Is this symptomatic of MAF failure ? - I still have the original Bosch one fitted

Thanks Jon

baggie9
18th June 2009, 17:19
Hi jon,when my maf started to fail,iwas having dangerous loss of power when trying to merge into busy traffic or pulling on to an island.the other thing Inoticed was my mpg was in the early 30s.I fitted a synergy2 and pierburg maf of Ron.My other problem has been poor starting I have finaly cured this it was an injector that had to be changed.Ithink its worth changing the maf ,but if you continue to have more problems a good diagnostic can save you money and time.

oldcodger
18th June 2009, 18:13
I had similar problems a while back, but it was not the MAF. It turned out to be the pump in the tank completely dead and the high pressure pump under the bonnet not producing enough pressure. It cost me around £400 for the two pumps and that was doiung it myself (used the Puegeot pump). Get it checked out on a T4, that will save you a lot of time, trouble and money.

Jim

Livermpj
18th June 2009, 18:20
Jon,
Sounds like the MAF to me. If performance is OK above 2000RPM, then it's almost certain the fuel pumps are OK.
Also I believe a failed pump (i.e. low fuel pressure) causes poor starting.

HTH,
Pete.