PDA

View Full Version : help!noise is doing my head in!!

mark d3
18th June 2009, 19:54
i had the front nearside wheel bearing changed today the noise/rumble is playing on me,only problem is the noise is still there the mechanic said it must be the driveshaft bearing any one had this one before?would appreciate advice as over the last 7 months of ownership tjhis has been a very reliable car but the noise is ruining ride quality:mad:

Phil
18th June 2009, 19:58
i had the front nearside wheel bearing changed today the noise/rumble is playing on me,only problem is the noise is still there the mechanic said it must be the driveshaft bearing any one had this one before?would appreciate advice as over the last 7 months of ownership tjhis has been a very reliable car but the noise is ruining ride quality:mad:

What are the tyres like? Just to rule them out I would at least swap it to the back. Even the slightest of mis shape can create quite a racket.

mark d3
18th June 2009, 20:04
about to have 3 done they are just legal,if it turns out to be the tyres i will kick my self for not looking at the them first thanks phil

James.uk
18th June 2009, 22:39
No need to kick yourself when we probably have members in your area who could help you with that.. :D :D :D