PDA

View Full Version : knob wont fit anymore

advent0761
19th June 2009, 16:02
hi, can anyone help?
had to change gear cables on my 2001 cdt, now gear knob wont fit on new lever. dealer said new knob is 50 quid but seen some on net but want to make sure i get the right one. does anyone know what part number i need?
cheers, rich.

Rog
19th June 2009, 16:18
Hi

There are different types depending on what you are after, eg plain black leather or a wooden type. Look up Les at SMC Trading who advertisers on here.
He should be able to sort you out and 100% reliable.

Good luck

Rog

Departed
19th June 2009, 16:59
hi, can anyone help?
had to change gear cables on my 2001 cdt, now gear knob wont fit on new lever. dealer said new knob is 50 quid but seen some on net but want to make sure i get the right one. does anyone know what part number i need?
cheers, rich.

I'm guessing they fitted the new gear lever, as later cars have different ones. Well on manual cars anyway.

I'd say it's the dealers fault for ordering the wrong assembly (did they replace cables and gearstick?) so they should buy your new gearknob.

Greeners
19th June 2009, 17:55
Early assemblies are no longer available, so when the later assembly is fitted, you need a later knob......it's a common problem, why they changed knobs, god only knows

T-Cut
19th June 2009, 17:55
Manual gear stick knobs come in two types. Round holes and D-section holes. That's 'cos the shafts come in similar flavours. So, you can fit a round holed knob to a D-shaft, but a round shaft won't go into a D-holed knob. The D-shaft can be seen by it's flattened section at the top end where the knob presses on. One way to resolve this is to drill out the D-hole so it's a round hole. Sounds easy enough to me anyway.

TC