PDA

View Full Version : leather trim??

nuts75
19th June 2009, 17:53
HI there .ive just had a bargin and half..got hold of some leather trim seats.. doorcards .. gaitor handbrake leather arm rest . in blue ,now i want to fit it to my classic se .but i know i dont have the electric connectios under the seat. so does any body know if i could take the seat rails off my old seats and use them to the new leather.has anyone done such a thing ??.or a way to wire them . thanks for reading .regards tony nuts75;)

Departed
19th June 2009, 18:11
Not quite sure what you are asking, but it seems you want leather without the electrics?

The seat covers seem to be the same, so you could take the leather covers and foams off your new seats, and put them on your manual frames. A previous owner of one of my cars had this done to the passenger seat so they could get height adjustment. I have to change it back sometime but they broke the switch in storage.

You could probably sell the frames too, though I wouldn't expect too much as most people want leather with electrics.

nuts75
19th June 2009, 18:53
hi lowedb. i wanted to know if the manual rails under my existing seats would bolt on the new leather ones so yes leather seats without electric .