PDA

View Full Version : air bag

claire
16th March 2007, 18:36
Hi i hope your all well? i bought my 75 two months ago not having much luck and now my air bag light is on and the computer says air bag fault just wondered if anyone has had the same and was it expensive.

lightpainter
16th March 2007, 18:50
Hi Claire, common complaint this one usually traced to the connections under the drivers seat, try pushing the connectors together, you might be lucky.

martin1973
16th March 2007, 18:56
Its more common than dog dirt on a footpath.

Wiggling the connectors and wiring under you seat may fix it for now, but best long term fix is to have an auto electrican cut out the connector and re-solder the wires, cost me around £30 if remember right.

claire
16th March 2007, 18:59
Thank you will try tomorrow, does anyone on the forum live in cornwall ?

paddymcn
16th March 2007, 19:39
Don't forget about the connector under the passenger seat also, both mine have needed tweaking, oh er..

Kandyman
16th March 2007, 21:00
Hi claire,

Welcome to the forums and the club.

As teh others have said try the yellow connector under the drivers seat, unplug and plug in again making sure its a nice fit, some members have cut the connectors off and made a solder joint.

I am sure we have a few members round that part of the world, and if you have nothing to do on Sunday we have a clubs family day out in the Haynes International Motor Museum Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset, BA227LH. and i am sure a few member would offer a hand if you have any faults.

http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/home/index.html

sworks
16th March 2007, 23:26
Best way to cure this problem is to 'hard wire' the connectors but please don't do it yourself. Remember the airbag is basically an explosive device and should only be worked on by somebody that is qualified!