PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Freeway
6th November 2006, 20:51
Just to let you know that I have at last joined the forum after having my 75 for just over a year now. Previously my husband browsed the site under the username "dawi" although he now seems to have disappeared from the site after the recent changes.

Trying to load my avatar but can't seem to work out how to do this - only get the default options of Rover or MG badge. Can anyone assist? I think I've posted my Beaulieu picture in my signature but I'll see if that works on this first ever post.

Looking forward to talking to you all.... Viv :)

Zeb
6th November 2006, 20:53
Just to let you know that I have at last joined the forum after having my 75 for just over a year now. Previously my husband browsed the site under the username "dawi" although he now seems to have disappeared from the site after the recent changes.

Trying to load my avatar but can't seem to work out how to do this - only get the default options of Rover or MG badge. Can anyone assist? I think I've posted my Beaulieu picture in my signature but I'll see if that works on this first ever post.

Hello Viv, nice to see the ladies have arrived to keep this lot in order :group:

Freeway
6th November 2006, 20:57
Hello Viv, nice to see the ladies have arrived to keep this lot in order :group:

Thanks very much Zebedeedooday. Did you go to the Beualieu meet in May?

JP53
6th November 2006, 20:58

Hi and welcome, it's a great club and forum. I having trouble with my avatar too(must be my age) I've shrunk it to 100x100 but it's still got to many MB's (must need to go on a diet) so I can't help you with that. John.

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 20:59
Hello there freeway and welcom to the forums.

To get to use custom avtars you have to become a Subscriber

Subscribe only if you want to - your subscription will help keep the club going by offsetting some of our running costs. When you subscribe you will be able to send/receive more PMs, will get more upload space, can use a custom avatar and upload animated signatures. Click here to subscribe (you need to be a registered user to do this).

Zeb
6th November 2006, 20:59
Thanks very much Zebedeedooday. Did you go to the Beualieu meet in May?

Sadly not. I only joined in September when I got my new CDTi...however, many years ago I used to live in Southampton and visited Beaulieu occasionally! I plan to take my littluns there one day soon!

JP53
6th November 2006, 21:05
Nice looking 75 Freeway.

driverjgp
6th November 2006, 21:08

Hi Viv, nice to have ladies on here to :drool4:

Freeway
6th November 2006, 21:08
Hello there freeway and welcom to the forums.

To get to use custom avtars you have to become a Subscriber

Subscribe only if you want to - your subscription will help keep the club going by offsetting some of our running costs. When you subscribe you will be able to send/receive more PMs, will get more upload space, can use a custom avatar and upload animated signatures. Click here to subscribe (you need to be a registered user to do this).

Thanks for that Kandyman. On another point, my husband put me down for some handle finishers under "dawi". However, as he seems to have been taken off with the new website changes do I have to log my interest again or does his one still count?

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 21:10
Hold on freeway i will find the link BRB

Freeway
6th November 2006, 21:12
Nice looking 75 Freeway.Thanks for the compliment John - she is my absolute pride and joy! Best car I've ever had... :)

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 21:12
Ok freeway have a look here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=92
you will see you are number 17 on the list, If you would like to post in that thread that you have changed your user name Ghost will change the name for you :)

GreyGhost
6th November 2006, 21:13
On the list at number 17 would you like me to alter the name to Freeway?

Sorry had to revert to dial up again it's all abit slow I'll take care of it in a mo

Freeway
6th November 2006, 21:17
Ok freeway have a look here
you will see you are number 17 on the list, If you would like to post in that thread that you have changed your user name Ghost will change the name for you :) Thanks again, I have just done that now.

Freeway
6th November 2006, 21:19
On the list at number 17 would you like me to alter the name to Freeway?

Sorry had to revert to dial up again it's all abit slow I'll take care of it in a mo Yes please, I have requested this on the relevant thread as well. Thanks.

JP53
6th November 2006, 21:21
Thanks for the compliment John - she is my absolute pride and joy! Best car I've ever had... :)

It shows! ;) What engine and what model is she?

TimO
6th November 2006, 21:56
I'm here, Well done lads great forum for great cars.
Cheers
Tim

Kandyman
6th November 2006, 21:57
Hi Tim and welcome to the forums :D

Freeway
6th November 2006, 22:05
It shows! ;) What engine and what model is she?
She is a Club SE with a 1.8T. Added quite a few bits and pieces such chrome mirrors, wooden steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake, CD player, chrome tyre valves and wheel nut covers. Of course she has to be washed and vaccumed every weekend without fail just to keep her gleaming.:D And you?

GreyGhost
6th November 2006, 22:26
Welcom Viv
Sorry about slowness earlier my BB goes down for an hour or so at critical moments. Have to use a dial up backup until it gets sorted
Back to 10Mb welcome and enjoy your stay.
We need some more female input around this very masculine domain. :)

JP53
7th November 2006, 06:07
She is a Club SE with a 1.8T. Added quite a few bits and pieces such chrome mirrors, wooden steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake, CD player, chrome tyre valves and wheel nut covers. Of course she has to be washed and vaccumed every weekend without fail just to keep her gleaming.:D And you?

A 75 Contemporary SE V6 auto with SE pack. Also added 'chrome' valve caps and sleeves, boot nets, drivers side cup holder, mats and twin screen DVD. She is royal Blue and as only done 300 miles! :D

Keith
7th November 2006, 10:25
Talking about our fairer members where is Scooter Chick?

JP53
7th November 2006, 18:17
Hi Viv. It's great to see the ladies are starting to arrive. Let's hope you are the advance guard ... :lol:

I can't figure out what it is but there's something about these cars that makes you fall in love with them as soon as you sit in the driver's seat! Did you change the roadwheels on yours or were they already on it?

Simon

(2.0 litre Club saloon - Zircon Silver)

It was first registered in January 2005 by MGR and then forgotten about. I bought as new and unregestered 2 weeks ago with 88 miles on the clock, since then we have found out she is a 54 plater so I'm picking up a check from the dealers tomorrow for £6000 and getting the plates changed. John.

Freeway
7th November 2006, 19:32
A 75 Contemporary SE V6 auto with SE pack. Also added 'chrome' valve caps and sleeves, boot nets, drivers side cup holder, mats and twin screen DVD. She is royal Blue and as only done 300 miles! :DWhat year is it?

Freeway
7th November 2006, 19:34
What year is it?

Sorry I can see now you've already answered this one. What year plate have you got at the moment then?

Freeway
7th November 2006, 19:39
Hi Viv. It's great to see the ladies are starting to arrive. Let's hope you are the advance guard ... :lol:

I can't figure out what it is but there's something about these cars that makes you fall in love with them as soon as you sit in the driver's seat! Did you change the roadwheels on yours or were they already on it?

Simon

(2.0 litre Club saloon - Zircon Silver)
No these are the standard wheels that come with the Club SE. I do think they are quite nice though and better than the old Connosieur rims which were 15 inch.:)

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:42
Sorry I can see now you've already answered this one. What year plate have you got at the moment then?

56 until tomorrow. She should be a 54 plate. I think she will need to see a counsoler when this is over, I know I will :lol:

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:46
No these are the standard wheels that come with the Club SE. I do think they are quite nice though and better than the old Connosieur rims which were 15 inch.:)

Yes love those wheels

Freeway
7th November 2006, 19:54
56 until tomorrow. She should be a 54 plate. I think she will need to see a counsoler when this is over, I know I will :lol:

Oh that's a real shame :unlucky: - at least you're getting a 54 plate as new and I've just read your other thread saying you'll get £6000 back which has got to be the silver lining. What are you going to spend that on then? :party:

JP53
7th November 2006, 20:02
Oh that's a real shame :unlucky: - at least you're getting a 54 plate as new and I've just read your other thread saying you'll get £6000 back which has got to be the silver lining. What are you going to spend that on then? :party:

Well it's a V6 auto so probabally petrol :laughing2:

Freeway
7th November 2006, 20:14
Well it's a V6 auto so probabally petrol :laughing2:Never mind just never leave home without your cheque book.

ANDY 545
8th November 2006, 09:33
Hello all
New member here never done the forum thing so excuse any mistakes I make.
Paid my subs on Sunday and all I can say is what an excellant set up youve done, anyway hello again and look forward to chating on line and meeting up on a club meet sometime in the future.

Kandyman
8th November 2006, 10:02
hello there Andy great name by the way ;)

Thanks for the subs all the money is put to good use for the club :)

Hope to see you around the forum some more.

ANDY 545
8th November 2006, 11:09
hello there Andy great name by the way ;)

Thanks for the subs all the money is put to good use for the club :)

Hope to see you around the forum some more.
Thanks for that Kandyman, now Ive got the first post out of the way theres no excuse now is there.

Ken
8th November 2006, 11:14
Thanks for that Kandyman, now Ive got the first post out of the way theres no excuse now is there.

Thats two posts already, you will catching kandyman up soon:lol: Welcome to the club

Ken

JP53
8th November 2006, 12:07
Hello all
Paid my subs on Sunday and all I can say is what an excellant set up youve done, anyway hello again and look forward to chating on line and meeting up on a club meet sometime in the future.

Hi Andy welcome to the best club in the world, and it has to be 'cause we drive the best cars in the world! John.

JP53
8th November 2006, 13:08

So Andy which 75 have you got? What colour is she? John.

Freeway
8th November 2006, 15:44
Hello all
Paid my subs on Sunday and all I can say is what an excellant set up youve done, anyway hello again and look forward to chating on line and meeting up on a club meet sometime in the future. HI WELCOME WHAT ROVER HAVE YOU GOT ? AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT ? MINE IS A CLUB SE 1.8T AND I LOVE IT TO BITS

:)

Kandyman
8th November 2006, 15:46
Stop shouting Viv you woke me up then, i though the wife was in from work then ;)

Freeway
8th November 2006, 15:51
Yes love those wheels

HI YOU CAN BUY THE WHEELS AT RIMMER BROS YOU SHOULD SEND FOR THE PARTS CATALOGUE :)

ANDY 545
9th November 2006, 11:21
So Andy which 75 have you got? What colour is she? John.
Thanks for the welcome Ken and with a club like this you can't help but post.
By the way John Ive got a Royal blue pearlescent Conn SE which is the best car Ive owned, bought it 8 months back to replace my Rover 400 was supposed to be a 45 diesel but saw the 75 and couldnt help resist.

SCOTTY1
9th November 2006, 11:45
Wheel prices at rimmer brothers can be found here:-

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/pdf/mgrover/PA%20Guide%20R%2075%20Saloon%20May%2005%202.pdf

HTH

Scotty1

JP53
9th November 2006, 20:23
Thanks for the welcome Ken and with a club like this you can't help but post.
By the way John Ive got a Royal blue pearlescent Conn SE which is the best car Ive owned, bought it 8 months back to replace my Rover 400 was supposed to be a 45 diesel but saw the 75 and couldnt help resist.

Lovely colour that infact it's my favorite ;) Great spec too, well done Andy.

ANDY 545
10th November 2006, 11:14
HI WELCOME WHAT ROVER HAVE YOU GOT ? AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT ? MINE IS A CLUB SE 1.8T AND I LOVE IT TO BITS

:)
Hi Freeway
Ive got a Connoisseur SE CDT Royal Blue and the best car Ive ever had.
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME

Freeway
11th November 2006, 19:33
Hi Freeway
Ive got a Connoisseur SE CDT Royal Blue and the best car Ive ever had.
THANKS FOR THE WELCOMEHi what year is it?I nearly went for a connoisseur but in the end because the club was a bit cheaper settled for that but very pleased it is lovely i would not want any other car she is a dream.:lol:

JP53
11th November 2006, 19:51
Hi what year is it?I nearly went for a connoisseur but in the end because the club was a bit cheaper settled for that but very pleased it is lovely i would not want any other car she is a dream.:lol:

Is her colour White Gold?

Freeway
12th November 2006, 09:16
Is her colour White Gold?hi good morning yes it is white gold :)

ANDY 545
13th November 2006, 17:45
Hi what year is it?I nearly went for a connoisseur but in the end because the club was a bit cheaper settled for that but very pleased it is lovely i would not want any other car she is a dream.:lol:
Its a 03 52 plate and I was very lucky because it had serpant alloys too,as I said before I had set myself up for a 45 but having read Car Mechanics rave on about the 75 and once I found out how much car you got for your money I had to have it.

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:09
hi good morning yes it is white gold :)

:drool4: I thought so. I think that colour really suits the 75. :drool4:

Freeway
13th November 2006, 19:18
Its a 03 52 plate and I was very lucky because it had serpant alloys too,as I said before I had set myself up for a 45 but having read Car Mechanics rave on about the 75 and once I found out how much car you got for your money I had to have it.HI agree my brother is in the motor trade and did not want me to have one but when he drove it home he changed his mind.its comfortable and she is such a pleasure to drive.:cool:

ANDY 545
14th November 2006, 14:06
HI agree my brother is in the motor trade and did not want me to have one but when he drove it home he changed his mind.its comfortable and she is such a pleasure to drive.:cool:
From the picture yours looks really good, very clean and tidy a good colour to keep clean I expect.

JP53
14th November 2006, 18:06
From the picture yours looks really good, very clean and tidy a good colour to keep clean I expect.

It's got to be easier than Royal Blue or Black!

ANDY 545
14th November 2006, 19:08
It's got to be easier than Royal Blue or Black!
Yes your right,Ive always liked dark colours on cars.The Royal Blue looks really good once its been polished but one drive in the rain has you getting the wash bucket out, but I love the colour so I cant complain.

JP53
14th November 2006, 19:52
Yes your right,Ive always liked dark colours on cars.The Royal Blue looks really good once its been polished but one drive in the rain has you getting the wash bucket out, but I love the colour so I cant complain.

Me too. Silver, Gold and colours like X power Grey are stay looking cleaner for longer. In the summer you can see the dust on a dark car as soon as you get in it :(

Freeway
17th November 2006, 15:13
Nice looking 75 Freeway.Thank you i am very pleased with it i have got my first mot soon but she has just been serviced so there should not be a problem she should pass:)

Freeway
17th November 2006, 15:28
Its a 03 52 plate and I was very lucky because it had serpant alloys too,as I said before I had set myself up for a 45 but having read Car Mechanics rave on about the 75 and once I found out how much car you got for your money I had to have it.Hi have you ever had any trouble with the air baglight on all the time its connect to the front seats.I now have to take the seat out to be wired again but i need to do it ,it drives me mad.:mad:

Pete
18th November 2006, 19:44
Hi Freeway,

Do you do the trick of pressing the blue and yellow connectors under the seat together? This will normally turn the light off.

Freeway
19th November 2006, 16:46
Hi Freeway,

Do you do the trick of pressing the blue and yellow connectors under the seat together? This will normally turn the light off.Hi done that but every time you move the seat it goes again so now the whole seat has to come out and be rewired great fun .Iwill let you no how much it is booked in for next monday also her first mot :D

ANDY 545
19th November 2006, 17:05
No problems so far just hadto have the rear alignment done, bit of uneven tyre wear but got it in time. Ive heard of the Airbag light before and as Pete said try the connector.

JP53
19th November 2006, 17:27
Hi done that but every time you move the seat it goes again so now the whole seat has to come out and be rewired great fun .Iwill let you no how much it is booked in for next monday also her first mot :D

Good luck with that. If it does not work set the seat up for yourself and don't let anyone else drive it unless they are EXACTLY the same size, build, leg and arm length as you ;)

Freeway
19th November 2006, 22:03
Good luck with that. If it does not work set the seat up for yourself and don't let anyone else drive it unless they are EXACTLY the same size, build, leg and arm length as you ;)Hi sounds good but the husband drives it sometimes and he is the one with the long legs and I cant upset him he looks after her. :trans:

Freeway
19th November 2006, 22:17
No problems so far just hadto have the rear alignment done, bit of uneven tyre wear but got it in time. Ive heard of the Airbag light before and as Pete said try the connector.

Hi, I have had no other problems she has been good. I wanted a connoisseur but couldn't find one at the time so got a Club SE. I've added lots of bits since such as chrome mirrors, wood wheel, gear knob and handbrake grip, CD player etc. so she's nicely specced up now. :D :cool:

JP53
20th November 2006, 04:48
Hi sounds good but the husband drives it sometimes and he is the one with the long legs and I cant upset him he looks after her. :trans:

You could change the husband or teach him to drive with his knees under his chin. Must get priorities right :laughing2:

ANDY 545
20th November 2006, 10:23
Hi, I have had no other problems she has been good. I wanted a connoisseur but couldn't find one at the time so got a Club SE. I've added lots of bits since such as chrome mirrors, wood wheel, gear knob and handbrake grip, CD player etc. so she's nicely specced up now. :D :cool:
Yes it sounds like you are enjoying specing the car up and it sounds good to me for it .I think improving is all part of the ownership experience dont you think.

Freeway
20th November 2006, 21:42
You could change the husband or teach him to drive with his knees under his chin. Must get priorities right :laughing2:

I heard that - the Husband !! :fishslap:

Freeway
20th November 2006, 21:58
Yes it sounds like you are enjoying specing the car up and it sounds good to me for it .I think improving is all part of the ownership experience dont you think.
yes i have enjoyed doing it but i love cars as all my family were in the motor trade so i no alot about them :lol:

Freeway
20th November 2006, 22:14
Hi Freeway,

Do you do the trick of pressing the blue and yellow connectors under the seat together? This will normally turn the light off.Hi are you going to have a meeting next year in Beaulieu as its the only meet near me and it was great to meet everyone :lol:

GreyGhost
20th November 2006, 22:24
Hi are you going to have a meeting next year in Beaulieu as its the only meet near me and it was great to meet everyone :lol:

Hello Viv

Pete only pops in now and again so I will answer your question.
Beaulieu was a great meet, IMO one of the best so far in terms of how well it went and the amount of members that turned out, Ken ordered the weather and it turned out just right. I'm sure we'd all like to go there again.
At the moment Ken, he does all the meet organising with help from Christopher, is waiting for pricing from several different venues for next year. I know he is working hard to organise the next one and it will very likely be in the South. Where exactly he is not letting on until he absolutely sure all is set.
I'm sure when it's ready he will be making an announcement right here on your favourite car club forum.

Kandyman
20th November 2006, 22:45
Hi are you going to have a meeting next year in Beaulieu as its the only meet near me and it was great to meet everyone :lol:

You got a great car so no reason not to drive it to where ever the meet is ;)

Now go and book a ticket for the international meet of 75s taking place on the 26th, 27th and 28th of May 2007 both in and around Luxembourg :)
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27

Freeway
22nd November 2006, 16:15
Hello Viv

Pete only pops in now and again so I will answer your question.
Beaulieu was a great meet, IMO one of the best so far in terms of how well it went and the amount of members that turned out, Ken ordered the weather and it turned out just right. I'm sure we'd all like to go there again.
At the moment Ken, he does all the meet organising with help from Christopher, is waiting for pricing from several different venues for next year. I know he is working hard to organise the next one and it will very likely be in the South. Where exactly he is not letting on until he absolutely sure all is set.
I'm sure when it's ready he will be making an announcement right here on your favourite car club forum.Many thanks the family always come and it was great last year meeting everyone .:)

Freeway
23rd November 2006, 16:35
Viv - here's a book for you to leave on the parcel shelf of your car. How appropriate can you get! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wielder-Second-Chronicles-Thomas-Covenant/dp/0006167772Very good what with my blonde hair and my smart gold rover we do look the part .But i am not to sure who they are looking at.:D

Kandyman
23rd November 2006, 23:06
Who needs a forum, we can all come in this thread ;)

come on don't be shy come and say hello to the rest of the guys :)

Freeway
24th November 2006, 14:05
Who needs a forum, we can all come in this thread ;)

come on don't be shy come and say hello to the rest of the guys :)
Hi everyone not shy i no a lot about cars and about rovers any thing you want to no about rovers iam your woman .i need one more thing to frinsh my car off its the door insets i hope they start makeing them soon .
:cool:

Freeway
24th November 2006, 14:09
Both probably!

NB. These are actually pretty good books - extremely addictive. They're a bit like Lord of the Rings, only they dwarf even that (six books in the series instead of three).Thanks for that but not really in to books ;just so busy with other things.:lol:

Freeway
29th November 2006, 17:16
Hi Freeway,

Do you do the trick of pressing the blue and yellow connectors under the seat together? This will normally turn the light off.Hi pete just had mot no problems had seat taken out now all sorted no red light on all the time great .but she did have to have replaced the air con belt and alterna belt which i throught was a bit bad as she has only done 20.000 and i dont go very far in her.have you had any problems.:)