PDA

View Full Version : reflashing V6 ECU Can it be done?

StevenWilliams
23rd June 2009, 10:39
I know a Diesel ECU can easily be reflashed using a KWP2000 unit.

Has anyone managed to flash a V6 ECU at all?

StevenWilliams
23rd June 2009, 20:33
bump bump bump?????

Departed
23rd June 2009, 20:52
I know the V6 can be flashed. Every time I use the T1 on my car it says it wants to reflash it with newer software, but when I say OK go ahead, it then decides it can't find the right version and bombs out.

So I know it is possible but haven't actually done it.

workaholic_ro
23rd June 2009, 21:02
I know the V6 can be flashed. Every time I use the T1 on my car it says it wants to reflash it with newer software, but when I say OK go ahead, it then decides it can't find the right version and bombs out.

So I know it is possible but haven't actually done it.

Any improvements come with the newer software ?

StevenWilliams
23rd June 2009, 21:13
Any improvements come with the newer software ?

Funny enough this is the subject of another thread but yes. There were some Auto box ECU and engine ECU updates that the T4 can install. However I want to use a generic flasher and 'tweak' some of the values to add support for Cruise control.

eddybrown
24th June 2009, 12:52
I don't think it's on the list of the KWP2000+, but isn't the support for cruise control set in the zcs codes? Meaning you could update on T4 so long as you had the right codes?

EDIT: My Galletto has the Siemens EMS 2000 for Rover 2.5 V6, but curiously it lists it as a freelander engine. Still, that suggests it would be able to read and write the ECU, so a KWP2000 probably would be able to too.

StevenWilliams
24th June 2009, 20:15
I don't think it's on the list of the KWP2000+, but isn't the support for cruise control set in the zcs codes? Meaning you could update on T4 so long as you had the right codes?

EDIT: My Galletto has the Siemens EMS 2000 for Rover 2.5 V6, but curiously it lists it as a freelander engine. Still, that suggests it would be able to read and write the ECU, so a KWP2000 probably would be able to too.

What software do you use with the Galletto to flash ECU's?

eddybrown
1st July 2009, 17:29
Its called Galetto ECU (it came with the hardware) but it will only read and write the ecu file, it can't edit it.

Tatts
1st July 2009, 18:09
You all thinking about something along these lines?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40457

StevenWilliams
2nd July 2009, 07:39
You all thinking about something along these lines?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40457

I've got one very similar but it will only read the ECU file it will not write. I'm thinking this is a limitation to the V6 ECU.