PDA

View Full Version : Passenger temp fluctuations

Almac
23rd June 2009, 20:05
I have a problem with the Air con in my 75 cdti on a 53 plate. The passenger side blows intermitant hot and seems to be permanently hot when I'm towing a caravan.

I have had the car serviced recently and the air con topped up any suggestions?

T-Cut
23rd June 2009, 20:23
Is the radiator fan running with the aircon as it should?

TC

Almac
23rd June 2009, 20:29
yes, seems to. I had trouble with it before but got it fixed. comes on couple of minutes after the air con and gives a sort burst. does this repeatedly when air con is on. the temp problem is only on the passenger side, the drivers works fine?

T-Cut
23rd June 2009, 20:53
Oh dear. That indicates the slow speed fan has failed. The fan you hear bursting on and off is the emergency cooling. It's trying to stop the A/C system from overpressurising. You really shouldn't be using the A/C under the circumstances, or severe damage to the compressor could follow. A 53 registration will probably have the 3-speed motor. The only solution for this is a replacement. Take a deep breath.

TC

Almac
23rd June 2009, 22:32
thanks

took put an extended warrenty from the garage when I got it, still have a little time left will need to get it in.

almac

kaiser
24th June 2009, 05:12
Question Passenger temp fluctuations

Ahem, have you considered hormones, menopause and those things?
What it has to do with towing the caravan beats me, unless of course she helps to push!:D