PDA

View Full Version : kv6 160/190 question

ScottyDog
24th June 2009, 23:20
Hi all.i have a zt-t 160 and is wondering where does that extra 30bhp come from on the 190 and is there a mod i can do to achieve this...:bowdown:

Greeners
24th June 2009, 23:21
Hi all.i have a zt-t 160 and is wondering where does that extra 30bhp come from on the 190 and is there a mod i can do to achieve this...:bowdown:

Sell it and buy a 190....:D

Difference is, cams, exhaust, air box, and some other bits and pieces...

ScottyDog
24th June 2009, 23:25
lol greeners,think i'll be sticking to 160 bhp then,just read interesting post on removing trumpet in airbox is it worth it???

Robson Rover Repair
24th June 2009, 23:48
Having done it most defiantly.

Ive done 620 miles since I did it now, and whilst the first 200 where slightly higher MPG than before (particularly because of the ECU resetting have disconnected the battery before starting the task in hand, and part because I was enjoying the noticable freedom in sub 3000 revs pickup and acceleration).

Now the car is averaging 37 mpg on the motorway (displaying 39-40 on the trip) at 70mph which is actually an improvement over previous not passing 34 without really trying.

Next up for me is some additional air feed into the box via the grill somehow and a K and N panel filter. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360116254161

If you want any advice, please ask away.

ScottyDog
25th June 2009, 09:14
cheers Macgyver,how easy was it to remove trumpet? Are you getting better performance in the low revs i.e quicker through the revs,and finally is the car more noisy with trumpet removed. i think i shall be investing in a k&n too. reading posts from otherside their drilling a few holes on the side of the airbox but not really giving much difference in performance/mpg.some are just sourcing 190 air boxes and swapping over.Any advice or picks of what you've done and how its going would be appreciated

Robson Rover Repair
25th June 2009, 15:16
There was a link and a guide in previous post. I used a gas powered hot knife to remove mine, but sometime she will be able to clip out, mine was stuck solid.

A 190 lid will do the same job, but im credit crunched atm so DIY for the win!