PDA

View Full Version : Gutless CDT

teethgrinder
25th June 2009, 06:57
My Dad has a 75 Conn SE CDT (116 BHP), however, it is totally gutless. This includes any gear below 2500-ish rpm, and going up hill.

Will this be a dead MAF/EGR etc?

Also, the fan doesn't work on low speed.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Robin

Reebmit
25th June 2009, 07:55
Hi, the MAF can give this kind of problem but if it was me I would bite the bullit and in order:

1) Fit new filters - air, fuel and PCV (update with modified PCV chamber type)
2) Clean EGR valve
3) Bottle of Injector cleaner in next tank of fuel
4) Fit Synergy 2 tuning box & Pierburg MAF (Saves spending big money on Bosch MAF and increases power & normally MPG)

All the above can potentially make a huge difference. When I got my car it was pretty much the same as yours, now it flys. Obviously you could just do each of the above individually and see what difference it makes but all would need to be done over a period anyway. Depends on when your last service was done and what your budget is. Hope this helps, I'm sure there will be some more people along soon with some more options.

There will be threads on how to do any of the above, just do a search, Tim:)

GrahamP
25th June 2009, 23:46
First priority should be to sort out the low speed fan not working. If it is one of the old 3 speed ones it will need to be replaced with one of the later 2 speed ones with the upgraded resister. Jules can supply replacement units.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24506

teethgrinder
26th June 2009, 07:20
Checked the fan operation via the trinary switch last night, and the fan didn't come on at all. When the terminals on the switch are shorted there is a click from the front end, but fan doesn't come on.

I feel a pikey mod using an old 600 Ti fan is in order.

Robin

teethgrinder
2nd July 2009, 12:09
Re: the original gutlessnessness...I have disconnected the MAF and also the vac line to the EGR - result is a totally transformed car, and one wich feels like it won't kill me at a junction!

MAFAM calling!

Reebmit
2nd July 2009, 12:54
It would be interesting to see what effect there was by doing each individually and seeing the change then, I would be interested in seeing what a difference just taking the vac pipe off makes, in fact I will do it tonight and blank off the pipe then do a test (that is prior to fitting my EGR bypass):D