PDA

View Full Version : Oh and I've fixed the sunroof

2Diesels
25th June 2009, 08:06
This car is seeming like better & better value for money. After expecting a reasonably expensive repair to the sunroof I decided to do some diagnostic work last night & found there was no live to the sunroof switch so went to fuse 40 which as suspected was blown, after a struggle managed to get the spare fuse holder to release a spare fuse & popped it in. The sunroof then tilted by itself so I stripped the switch, cleaned it & replaced it & the roof opened then closed then tilted then closed & then dropped at the back end:banghead: I fiddled with the switch a bit but got the same result so I stripped it again & bent the contacts a bit & it seemed not too bad but as I was refitting the fuse box cover the sunroof tilted by itself:confused: So realising the problem was obviously switch related I stripped it again & rebent the contacts put it back in & everything works as it should:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Regards Col

Rabett_Rover
25th June 2009, 11:23
Well done Col!
BTW do you have a Haynes Manual for the 75 and ZT?

Dallas
25th June 2009, 11:28
Great job! its great when something like that just becomes a matter of a simple fix.

2Diesels
25th June 2009, 11:28
I have thanks Lewis it came free with the car but I dont rate those new style Haynes manuals personally. My mate has a full set of the MGR Rave CDs which he said I could have:D

Regards Col