PDA

View Full Version : Radio code

baxlin
25th June 2009, 10:20
I picked up my new steering wheel from Les's emporium yesterday, (the projectors look good, Les) and hope to fit it this evening, using Mike's how-to to remind me of the process.

I have disconnected the battery before, when I did the fan, and had no problem with the radio code, but I have to ask:

Does the Symphony unit need a code, ie was I just lucky the last time? The car's a CDT reg'd early 2002, with the standard ICE fitting - 6-stack CD with the Symphony head.

Thanks in advance

malcolm

StevenWilliams
25th June 2009, 10:30
Some do but most don't

Bam
25th June 2009, 13:36
Same here :D removed the radio and installed blue tooth car kit, installed radio no problems.
Then i read here that you need a code :shrug:, never needed.
So was i lucky? i do not dare to remove the batt. for outside temp resetting. I'm afraid now that i need a code for the radio wich i do'nt have.

I'm in the same dilemma also 2002 tourer

baxlin
25th June 2009, 19:21
Done it, no need for a radio code.

Initially had a problem as the first Torx 30 bit I used wasn't long enough, but then I found a second one in my bits box that was about 5 or 6mm longer, and did it a treat. Very pleased with the new wheel.

malcolm

pab
25th June 2009, 19:39
i don't have a code for my symphony, bit worried about disconnecting the battery.but i have read on here that the majority of them never came with a code.correct me if wrong.

GrahamP
25th June 2009, 20:08
upgraded my Harmony to a Symphony, no code it just powered up.

miketata
26th June 2009, 02:53
symphonies which came out here had the code scribbed in texta on the unit.

Reebs
26th June 2009, 07:22
The Symphony & Harmony radios originally needed a code to unlock them, however this function can easily be switched on or off.....

If you want to de-activate the security code on the radio, the following steps will stop the need for you to input the code after a battery disconnect, however, this isn't a way of getting round unlocking it if you've lost the code, as you need to know what the code is in the first place, in order to disable it for the future.

For the Philips Harmony Radio:

The security function is deactivated by holding the radio tuning search up button depressed while switching on the unit using the push on/off rotary volume control.

Security code input will be requested on the LCD and audio output will be muted. Once the security code is successfully input, the audio output will be restored and the security code function will be disabled.

The security code can be reactivated by holding the radio tuning search up button depressed while switching on the unit using the push on/off rotary volume control. A 'CODE ENABLED' message will be displayed on the LCD for approximately two seconds.

For the Alpine Symphony Radio:

The security function is deactivated by holding the radio tuning search up button depressed while switching on the unit using the push on/off rotary volume control.

Security code input will be requested on the LCD and audio output will be muted. Once the security code is successfully input, the audio output will be restored, 'CODE OFF' will appear briefly on the LCD, the unit will emit two 'beeps' and the security code function will be disabled.

The security code can be reactivated by holding the radio tuning search up button depressed while switching on the unit using the push on/off rotary volume control. A 'CODE ON' message will be displayed on the LCD for approximately two seconds after two warning 'beeps'.

The Highline Sat Nav radio does not have a security code to worry about