PDA

View Full Version : Air con

lady zed
26th June 2009, 11:39
Just spoke to a joker who told me on the rover 75 I could be looking at £400 to detect and repair a leak in the air con. That same joker told me he could have replaced the alternator without taking the bumper off for £250 (after I paid just short of £400 earlier this week).

I don't really want to pay out another £400 for air con, is he talking mince?

James.uk
26th June 2009, 11:46
Hi Anna. I just had my car regassed with dye added to find any leaks it may have, total cost so far is £40.. I had the condensor replaced on my Honda Accord (its like radiator) that cost £200 including fitting and regass..

If the car has a leak, it will depend on where -what is leaking, but i don't think it will cost anything like £400..

Tatts
26th June 2009, 11:50
Go & get a 2nd & 3rd opinion, as £400 does seem pricey!

chris75
26th June 2009, 11:52
Might be worth giving Kwikfit a go before you get serious ? This is taken from their website..........

Let Kwik Fit recharge your Air Con while-u-wait. We will replace and recharge lubricant and refrigerant levels in line with your manufacturer’s recommendation. If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all.