PDA

View Full Version : MG ZT 190+ Fuel Rail Leak

DaveProu1962
26th June 2009, 11:55
Hi All

I have a MG ZT 190+ which has developed a very bad leak on the front fuel rail inlet.

The leak is so bad I can not safely drive it.

It looks to me that the "push fit ring" (best way I can discribe it) is defective. I have dismantled the rail and tried to push it in further but is makes no diferance.

Any ideas? Do I need to buy the whole assembly or can I just buy the "push fit ring"?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Dave

ianfletcher
26th June 2009, 12:38
By saying 'push fit ring' do you mean the little green o rings that seal the joins? If so then no they arent available seperately and you need to buy the full rail which is over £500 inc vat or you could try to find one at a breakers yard. This happened to me after i had my injectors cleaned and i asked on here and one of the kind people donated a o ring to me. Might be worth putting a thread in the items wanted section to see if anyone has got the part you need ;)

The_Monk
26th June 2009, 12:41
If they are o-rings can you not just buy some off the shelf alternatives?

ianfletcher
26th June 2009, 12:46
If they are o-rings can you not just buy some off the shelf alternatives?
You may be able to but make sure they are fuel resistant as some arent. What i meant was there isnt a mgr replacement

The_Monk
26th June 2009, 13:40
You may be able to but make sure they are fuel resistant as some arent. What i meant was there isnt a mgr replacement

Ah I see, sorry! :lol:

DaveProu1962
26th June 2009, 15:47
Thanks for the reply.

I am referring to the metal ring that sits inside the inlet (R/H side) of the front fuel rail. There is no green O ring in there, which might account for the problem.

I have only just purchased the car and after about 1 week noticed a petrol smell, on investigation I discovered the problem, I took it apart and only found a standard black O ring and the metal ring was not fitted in square. My guess is the it has been temporally repaired for the sale :mad:.

I will post the requested on the parts wanted forum.

Thanks for your help again.

Regards

Dave

DaveProu1962
11th July 2009, 12:25
Hi All

Well I got a replacement front rail thanks to this site. I have now put it all back together and now I have a bad leak on the outlet side of the front fuel rail :mad:,

I took it apart again (getting good a that now) and looked at the outlet pipe, I have noticed that the top of the pipe is flattened, is this right or is it damaged?

Hopefully some one can advise me before I waste any more time and effort.

file:///C:/Users/Dave.Prouten/Pictures/Fuel%20Rail.JPGThanks in advance
file:///C:/Users/Dave.Prouten/Pictures/Fuel%20Rail.JPG
Dave

GreyGhost
11th July 2009, 13:37
Hi All

Well I got a replacement front rail thanks to this site. I have now put it all back together and now I have a bad leak on the outlet side of the front fuel rail :mad:,

I took it apart again (getting good a that now) and looked at the outlet pipe, I have noticed that the top of the pipe is flattened, is this right or is it damaged?

Dave

Your images are on your C drive. Please use the uploader to your gallery or link to an external host.

ianfletcher
11th July 2009, 13:56
Hi All

Dave
The pipe isnt round and is supposed to have a flat bit on it so its not damaged. If everything else looks ok and the o rings arent split just make sure that when your putting it back together the rings arent squashing in because they do very easily