PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: sunroof problem

phil & helen
28th June 2009, 11:45
Inside of passenger side soaked - checked Plenum chamber all ok - got wet while stationary so tried drain for sunroof - poured in down by passenger side earthing points - whats happened - drain hole not blocked - has some kind of pipe come off ? Can I fix myself , if so whats involved , there are side airbags fitted & also need to remove passenger carpet front & rear is this easy ? i 'd tear my hair out if i had any :confused:

stocktake
28th June 2009, 11:58
Drain points for sunroof are two in boot and two in front footwell ( one either side)
Drain tube in front footwell just push through bulkhead grommet :)

Easy fix probably just needs pushing back through grommet.

phil & helen
28th June 2009, 12:17
where do I find this ?

Drain points for sunroof are two in boot and two in front footwell ( one either side)
Drain tube in front footwell just push through bulkhead grommet :)

Easy fix probably just needs pushing back through grommet.

stocktake
28th June 2009, 13:44
Quite high up on the passenger side footwell, to the far left, tube is about 10 to 12mm in dia, black on mine. not easy to see or photograph, easier to feel with your hand.
Start by removing the panel under the glove box, see if you can feel it, if not you will need to remove glove box. This is done by removing the torx screws you can see along the top and three hidden under the fabric base of the glovebox. It will then lift out for you to disconnect the wires to the glovebox light. you should then be able to see the drain tube.