PDA

View Full Version : Another Job Done

2Diesels
28th June 2009, 12:13
Well 2 actually
I decided to take a look at the reversing sensors yesterday (long tone & inop.) I checked for vibration of each sensor but got nothing so I went underneath & unplugged the multi plug & found one pair of terminals corroded away (has anyone got any for sale?) so as a temporary fix I cut the wires either side of the plug & joined them together but still nothing.

Remembering something I'd seen on here about taped joints in the wiring I set about untaping the wiring at the bumper side of the plug & found the two joints in question untaped them to find lumps of rather attractive peppermint geen corrosion so I chopped it out & rejoined the wiring with heatshrink connectors & that seems to be it.
One question though on the first selection of reverse you still get the long tone but the sensors work but on further selection you get the quick beep is this normal????

The other job was the stuck cupholder, after being rough with it, extracting it from the dash in my inimitable bull in a china shop fashion I discovered how it really comes out :D & also discovered the fault.

The spindle which runs along the track with the spring acting against it had dropped out & jammed the mechanism, this was caused by one of the two little retaining lugs on the top being broken off so for now I've pushed it home & retensioned the spring & it works but probably not for long.

Does anyone have a spare spindle or are they available new or do I need a complete new unit????

Anyway to sum it up in under a week of ownership I've fixed all the faults (sunroof, cupholder, parking sensors) which were pointed out by my mate who viewed the car for me & also the spare wheel well illuminaton at a total cost of Ģ00.00 what a result!!!:D:D:D:D

Regards Colin

comanche
28th June 2009, 20:06
Had the same problem on my tourer some time ago.

I replaced the single plug with 3 x swp4 weather proof connectors from wiring products.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/connectors/multiconnectors.php

not had any problems since.

comanche.

Dallas
28th June 2009, 20:12
Anyway to sum it up in under a week of ownership I've fixed all the faults (sunroof, cupholder, parking sensors) which were pointed out by my mate who viewed the car for me & also the spare wheel well illuminaton at a total cost of Ģ00.00 what a result!!!:D:D:D:D

Regards Colin

Blooming good job there Colin ;) totally happy for you mate! EXCELLENT!

Roverowner
29th June 2009, 07:32
Well done Colin! So itīs got a sunroof aswell! Just the job. Nice with a sunroof, makes all the difference i think. Mine sets the car off I think. Got yourself a really nice motor! :DAlan

2Diesels
29th June 2009, 07:41
Thanks Alan I'm really pleased with it

Regards Col