PDA

View Full Version : Door locking problem

ianfletcher
29th June 2009, 20:16
This morning all the locks on every door unlocked no problem. I unlocked it tonight and now the front passenger wont unlock. I have tried it with both the fob and the switch on the console and only the other 3 doors open. I can unlock the door by pulling the handle from the outside but then i cant lock the car at all unless i start the engine then switch it back off then all the doors will lock but then the passenger lock wont unlock again. I have disconnected the battery for a hour to try a reset but its not made a difference. Anyone any ideas?

Devilish
29th June 2009, 22:18
Sounds like the door actuator is faulty and it is fooling the car into thinking none of the doors have unlocked, although 3 of them have, therefore it will not lock them. starting the car must re set the system as part of the auto lock feature when the car pulls away, allowing the doos to be locked

That is my guess

ianfletcher
30th June 2009, 06:59
Anyone else got any ideas of what could be causing it?

Greeners
30th June 2009, 07:24
Probably latch, you could try a squirt of WD40, but I suspect it will need a replacement

ianfletcher
30th June 2009, 17:22
Probably latch, you could try a squirt of WD40, but I suspect it will need a replacement
By latch do you mean the mechanism and if so will a rear passenger one fit on the passenger front?

Greeners
30th June 2009, 19:53
By latch do you mean the mechanism and if so will a rear passenger one fit on the passenger front?
no, each door is different...