PDA

View Full Version : Very quick question

Greeners
19th March 2007, 07:47
I'm just about to go and collect my new car. It's just dawned on me (after I sorted the insurance) that it may be a ZT160 and not a 190. Is the only external difference the badge or does it list it as a 160 or 190 on the V5.

Are there any other differences to confim which model it is ????

Keith
19th March 2007, 09:48
If you are not sure then don't go and get it until you are happy

Some online insurance systems show the info have you checked with yours?
I think the throttle body on the 160 version is smaller as well but don't know the actual size

Phone up the service dept at a dealer like Dixons in Doncaster and see if they can tell you specifically what to look for

willshot
19th March 2007, 12:26
I have a ZT 190+ and my V5 just states MG ZT+ and 2497cc for the engine capacity.

Greeners
19th March 2007, 13:04
It would appear to be genuine from the V5 and VIN.

Thanks for the replies

Jon
19th March 2007, 19:17
Just for reference, there should also be a small silver adhesive 'plate' on the drivers side 'B' pillar, just below the door latch, that states the model type and designation.

There's one on both sides, one of which has the commission number, the other has vehicle information including trim codes.

HTH, Jon

Jon
19th March 2007, 19:20
Also, Keith is right, you can get the information from some insurance companies databases, but be slightly wary as some have got the wrong details - mine was down on one as a 160, but on others its correctly down as a 190. :lol: