PDA

View Full Version : Engine undertray

cameronfurnival
7th July 2009, 09:49
In good condition. Exchange for a bottle of chateau-neuf-du-pape!

Bartonrover
7th July 2009, 20:08
In good condition. Exchange for a bottle of chateau-neuf-du-pape!

Anyone know if the securing bolts/screws are readily available? Part No.?

Greeners
7th July 2009, 20:14
They are usually on ebay for about £18 for a set of six

92 squadron
7th July 2009, 21:19
Hi mate. Would be happy to releave you of your undertray if you still have it. I did request one last week on here and no one replied. What price is a bottle of bubbly?
Regards
Mike:shrug:

stevemac
7th July 2009, 21:25
Hi mate. Would be happy to releave you of your undertray if you still have it. I did request one last week on here and no one replied. What price is a bottle of bubbly?
Regards
Mike:shrug:

I think yopu will find that chateau-neuf-du-pape is a red wine from the Rhone region. And very nice too. About £10 to £15 a bottle;)

92 squadron
7th July 2009, 21:30
Available from Tesco's no one assumes ?

Dallas
7th July 2009, 21:52
Anyone know if the securing bolts/screws are readily available? Part No.?

I just got my local garage to order some from my local Sewards which they got them from X-PART I think :shrug: blooming expensive little screws/bolts they are.

Part Number: KZM000050.

cameronfurnival
8th July 2009, 06:47
HI yes it is available still - and preferred tipple is available in all supermarkets from £8.50 to well over the national debt of the UK! :-)

Dave Goody
8th July 2009, 19:51
HI yes it is available still - and preferred tipple is available in all supermarkets from £8.50 to well over the national debt of the UK! :-)

Have you got a part no. ? :D

Dallas
8th July 2009, 20:04
How many of our 75's ZT's have the undertray fitted, I have noticed on a few 75's near me that two do not have an undertray.

Were the undertrays fitted to all 75's etc?

What is the advantages of having a undertray?

Whats the disadvantages in not having one?

Bartonrover
8th July 2009, 21:59
How many of our 75's ZT's have the undertray fitted, I have noticed on a few 75's near me that two do not have an undertray.

Were the undertrays fitted to all 75's etc?

What is the advantages of having a undertray?

Whats the disadvantages in not having one?

Thanks for the info Dallas. Noticed my tray was hanging a bit on return form a service and I thought I had managed to get the screws back in again - only to discover when next i checked they had gone for good. Bent wires from coat hangers do not look good.
Apart from helping to keep your engine area clean from water splash (?) the main advantage is having something that many have not! And disadvantage: - (see above) - it scrapes on the drain covers in my drive when two bolts are missing.

Ragman
8th July 2009, 22:08
If anyone sees or hears of an undertray for a ZT260 please let me know - need an unbroken example to use to create a mold for a carbon fibre version

jon75v6
9th July 2009, 00:56
i have an undertray but wont for much longer i fear, it is slowly wearing away, it hits every speed bump i go over and makes a horrible noise , mind you that might have changed since i replaced both rear springs the other week but i doubt it, i now fear it will be worse now that the back is higher

cameronfurnival
9th July 2009, 08:40
I dont have the part number for it (unless its stamped on it somewhere in which case if someone points me in the right direction I will post it on here). I always thought the undertray was to reduce drag? guess its pretty insignificant on anythinig with a 1.8 though lol. I also liked the look of peering into the engine bay to see a nice shiny aluminium floor. Since not having it fitted (laziness on my part) the engine bay has become very grubby.

beejay
9th July 2009, 09:33
Hi, If the item is not taken, I will happily take it off you to put on my SE, agree a price and postage.

Barry

Dallas
9th July 2009, 09:36
Well so far I have checked my engine undertray several times since I have had it removed and then refitted due to the lower engine mount fitted last week. Each time I check I will see another silly screw sitting hanging down (undone) ready to fall and to be lost forever. I have replaced x5 screw bolts already and now hoping I will loose no more. :D

If they keep undoing themselves I will just simply removed the tray altogether I think.....

I suggest all of us should take a quick peek at are undertrays to see if screw bolts are loose or simply missing altogether. :shrug:

Post your findings on here!
It would be interesting to see how many of our vehicles have loose or missing screw bolts or even no undertray fitted whats so ever..... I think there should be 12 screw bolts in total. :D

cameronfurnival
9th July 2009, 11:00
Hi, If the item is not taken, I will happily take it off you to put on my SE, agree a price and postage.

Barry
if you want to arrange a courier thats great - try interparcel titan (prob about £14)? and how about £15? Will even give it a clean for you :lol:

James.uk
9th July 2009, 13:21
Not having an undertray increases airflow, and aids cooling, that's a good thing with the 1.8 petrol engines! :)

GrahamP
9th July 2009, 15:07
Removing the undertray can also have an adverse effect on the engine cooling after all they were fitted by the manufacturer for a reason.

cameronfurnival
10th July 2009, 08:30
anyone want it? If it isnt claimed it will have to go in the skip.

StevenWilliams
10th July 2009, 08:35
anyone want it? If it isnt claimed it will have to go in the skip.

This may be a stupid comment but you haven't stated what engine type it is for.

The Diesel, 1.8 and V6 units all had different trays.

Can we assume it's for a 1.8 as per your car?

cameronfurnival
10th July 2009, 10:09
yes it is = thanks - i had assumed they would all be the same duh!

beejay
22nd July 2009, 08:11
Hi Cameron,

Interparcel are collecting the tray Thursday 23rd

Rgds

Barry