PDA

View Full Version : passenger air vent rattle

Caskin
20th March 2007, 14:14
First posting so hoping entered correctly....having just been forced to change from Rover 75V6 Auto(wife floored accelerator instead of brake! on start car went full circle in car park before attempting to burrow though Store wall,one very upset wife,very bent motor and the loss of a great car):wss:
anyway with replacement decided to cut costs and opt diesel....great car same spec connesiour SE auto....but the rattles from the passenger air vent and drivers top door seal are doing my head in...have searched postings but there appears to be no suggestions for air vent?
Car has only covered 20,000 miles and is in fanatstic order,but from my point of view is being spoilt by rattles seemingly induced by diesel vibration?
Would really appreciate some advice from members,hopefully with a simple fix?
Caskin

Simon
20th March 2007, 15:04
Hi Caskin, welcome to the Club! :D :welcome:

Rattle from air vent could be a few things, the most common is not anything to do with the dash or the vent but the BCU (Body Control Unit) which is situtated just above the glovebox inside the dashboard and the circuit board inside it can rattle around. This rattling can be heard all over the dashboard. To solve said rattle, look at this thread... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=102&highlight=bcu+rattle

Whilst your sorting out above BCU, check all other fixings are securely done up whilst you have the glovebox out ;)

Sorry to hear about your accident but good to see you've chosen another 75 :D If you haven't already done so, check out the information on the club's hompage. Use the links in my signature to take you directly to them.

Enjoy your stay :)

Caskin
20th March 2007, 15:34
Simon..
Thats what I call a thouroughly professional service.many thanks for the prompt reply and links which certainly appear as if they will provide the answer :hurray:
The information given is ideal and well laid out....even I should be able to follow it!
Yes it was a blow losing the V6 (only 28000),but couldnt live without another Rover:drool4:
Hope to remain with the club for many years..and funnily enough I just luv sprouts!!!
So once again thks:lol:

Simon
20th March 2007, 16:28
Simon..
Thats what I call a thouroughly professional service.many thanks for the prompt reply and links which certainly appear as if they will provide the answer :hurray:
The information given is ideal and well laid out....even I should be able to follow it!
Yes it was a blow losing the V6 (only 28000),but couldnt live without another Rover:drool4:
Hope to remain with the club for many years..and funnily enough I just luv sprouts!!!
So once again thks:lol:

Thanks for your kind words, Caskin. :)

The information in these forums is attributed to its members and the collective knowledge of everyone who contributes. Mike (one of the Club owners) put that particular "How-To" together but all of the information regarding whatever subject is freely available, all you need do is ask and someone will be along to help you out. It's what the club is here for. :)
:chat:

JohnDotCom
20th March 2007, 16:36
I think it was Alex that "glued" the vents to stop rattles will search later & see if I can find.

Keith
20th March 2007, 20:20
Caskin BCU rattle is prime suspect especially if it happens around 2000 RPM
Very easy fix and a must do

Creaking windows, common on the ZT not so common on the 75 quick fix treat the glass edges and all around the seals with silicon releaseant type spray works wonders even on my rock hard ZTT MK1

Strangely my MK2 V8 does not have any rattles at all anywhere really well screwed together imho

SKUDman
20th March 2007, 20:33
Have cured a very irritating rattle from my passenger seat. I now leave her at home......!

JohnDotCom
20th March 2007, 21:16
Have cured a very irritating rattle from my passenger seat. I now leave her at home......!
Ouch! Comments like that normally have a PayBack!

SKUDman
20th March 2007, 22:07
God its NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- cold out here....!

JohnDotCom
20th March 2007, 22:17
God its NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- cold out here....!

Warned You :rant: :rofl: :rofl::hurt2:

SKUDman
20th March 2007, 22:29
SKUDlady has got no sense of humour/irony