PDA

View Full Version : No 545

tonybubble
9th July 2009, 18:13
From the 260s Forum - one to save!
I am very tempted by this, but just a bit short of dosh, as ever!
Quite a lot to do, but a great car at the end of it.
http://www.pic-upspares.co.uk/salvage_details.asp?ID=26981

Greeners
10th July 2009, 07:47
I've been in contact with the seller....the air bags have deployed too...:mad::mad:

tonybubble
10th July 2009, 07:55
Hi David,
Yes they have. I was also a bit concerned about inner wing damage. Apparently chassis leg is OK, though. I would imagine that this was very close to a Cat C.
The original owner has provided some more details on the 260s Forum.
Regards,
Tony.

Greeners
10th July 2009, 08:28
I'm sorely tempted......lot of car for little money

StevenWilliams
10th July 2009, 08:31
The original owner has provided some more details on the 260s Forum.

Shame it's not in the public area so I could look at it. :mad:

StevenWilliams
10th July 2009, 08:31
I'm sorely tempted......lot of car for little money

Same here.

I am very tempted to keep it as a project car even if it takes me a year to bring it back to life.

tonybubble
10th July 2009, 08:45
Shame it's not in the public area so I could look at it. :mad:
This is the extract from EuroRover:

No Chassis damage as only a cat D drivers and passenger air bags went off windscreen also damaged seat bels also went off all 5 it is july 2004 and it had done about 52k ish. serviced on the dot by myself.
The car may not start as i have the MAF sensor sitting in my attic so you may be able to get the price down it will also need from memory new alloy, bonnet cross member winghead light bumper.
If I had the room I would buy it back which i wanted to do last year but ny insurance company wanted £3.5k for it.
If you do get it let me know would love to see her again and if the airbag ecu needs resetting give me a call I got a T4

StevenWilliams
10th July 2009, 09:32
Thanks Tonybubble.

StevenWilliams
10th July 2009, 09:35
More pics of the damage here http://eurorover.co.uk/wynzt.htm

and this is the thread on this forum for the car's damage

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26149

tonybubble
10th July 2009, 14:09
I was over at Pilsdon Autos in Dorset earlier today where they have a wriitten off black facelift 260 from some while ago. They reckon that the V8 front bumper is different from the standard facelift - true?? They sold the one off their car for £800 to someone in France!!! Could have a big impact on the cost of repairing 545.

tonybubble
10th July 2009, 14:17
More pics of the damage here http://eurorover.co.uk/wynzt.htm

and this is the thread on this forum for the car's damage

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26149
I think that, if I'd been Wyn, I would have leapt at the insurance buy back at a net cost of £1000.

At £2400 now, I'm beginning to think that, sadly, it's much more of a marginal propostion. A too practical view - not romantic enough??

One day my V8 will come!

Greeners
10th July 2009, 14:50
stop telling me what's wrong with it.......I've managed to track down most bits apart for a bonnet

tonybubble
10th July 2009, 14:56
stop telling me what's wrong with it.......I've managed to track down most bits apart for a bonnet
That's easy - there's a black one at Pilsdon.

Have you bought /are buying it?! He said somewhat enviously.

Greeners
10th July 2009, 14:58
That's easy - there's a black one at Pilsdon.

Have you bought /are buying it?! He said somewhat enviously.

Why did I type bonnet.....I meant front bumper :shrug::twonk::twonk::twonk:

black olive
10th July 2009, 20:04
They reckon that the V8 front bumper is different from the standard facelift - true??

either they mean the premium bumper, or the bit under/behind the bumper moulding with the little plastic corner spoilers.

the bumper moulding itself is identical. Greeners, get it bought , go with a bagful of pictures of the queen and knock them down in price

Stu C
11th July 2009, 13:02
Be great to see someone off the forums buy it and bring it back to life :) - definatly a picture heavy thread!

tonygardner
12th July 2009, 16:54
Apparently chassis leg is OK.........
i bet it`s not ok

eurorover
13th July 2009, 15:21
As stated in my other post the insurance wanted over 3.5k for me to buy her back. I asked the enineer was there chassis damage and was told no. the damage you see happend at about 35- 40 mph. I also had a look at the car and could see no chassis damage but i am no expert.

Greeners
13th July 2009, 15:27
Greeners, get it bought , go with a bagful of pictures of the queen and knock them down in price

Watch this space.......

Lates
13th July 2009, 15:38
............watching

woolleysox
13th July 2009, 17:10
Go on greeners you know you want to. good luck. :)woolleysox

Zeb
13th July 2009, 17:33
*Will burst soon from 'baited breath'.....*

Reebmit
15th July 2009, 07:29
Well David, have you done it!!!!!;)

Greeners
15th July 2009, 08:50
Well David, have you done it!!!!!;)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are no words on here that I can post without getting banned.......

I rang up today to transfer the money, and the guy informed me that it's been sold....Yes I said, we agreed a price and I'm ringing up for bank details...

Well, a guy came down and paid for it yesterday, so your email accepting my offer means nothing then....

Correct.....

Reebmit
15th July 2009, 09:09
Sorry to hear that David, I know how it feels to be let down like that, its happened on a few of my potential deals, some people just have not got a clue about doing a deal:mad: hopefully something else will come up soon, I'll keep my eyes peeled

tonybubble
15th July 2009, 09:14
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are no words on here that I can post without getting banned.......

I rang up today to transfer the money, and the guy informed me that it's been sold....Yes I said, we agreed a price and I'm ringing up for bank details...

Well, a guy came down and paid for it yesterday, so your email accepting my offer means nothing then....

Correct.....
Hi David,
Sorry to hear that. As my old mum used to say "wasn't meant to be........"
I wonder who did buy it, one of us??
Regards, Tony.

Rabett_Rover
15th July 2009, 15:36
I called up about it yesterday at around 4pm and they said it had just gone out so I thought you must have got it. O Well never mind David

woolleysox
15th July 2009, 20:24
Next Time david :getmecoat: woolleysox

eurorover
16th July 2009, 08:30
So I wonder who did have her.

tonybubble
6th September 2009, 10:22
So I wonder who did have her.
Please step forward BernardLPG. Looking forward to seeing the results of your labours - how's it going?