PDA

View Full Version : Fitted a K&N and found this

Tootall
21st March 2007, 12:04
While i was removing my old air filter to change it to a K&N type i found my old filter was well damaged on one end not sure if this was done during the last service or if the rubber has deteriated. The loose piece was tucked in the end i know these filters are a bit of a pain to change but i just hope that no unfiltered air has entered into the engine.

Ti Rich
21st March 2007, 21:35
That is caused by the filter being fitted up side down. The lug on the end is NOT in the middle of the filter.

Tootall
22nd March 2007, 08:30
The ZTT is booked in for a service on Friday so when i take it in later i will show it to the service manager and see what he says. I know the lug sits in the lower part of the housing assembly just wish i saw this before i removed the old filter so i could have taken some pics of it in place.

Keith
22nd March 2007, 18:40
Is that really blue? I though all OEM ones had an orange end

JohnDotCom
22nd March 2007, 18:56
Is that really blue? I though all OEM ones had an orange end
Mine have always been Orange, or are the diesels Different? It is Genuine Boxed Rover.

crofts
23rd March 2007, 02:11
Mine have always been Orange, or are the diesels Different? It is Genuine Boxed Rover.

Both old and new one of mine had orange end and all shown on ebay for diesel have orange if original. Maybe different make ?

Rob Bell
23rd March 2007, 08:19
The diesel air filter in mine is also orange. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it Keith!

JohnDotCom
23rd March 2007, 08:25
Ah well general Consensus is that it is Orange then. The Blue one must be either a Copy or Wrong then?

Tootall
23rd March 2007, 08:37
I took my car to the dealer yesterday afternoon for its service today but the service manager was out on a course so i will ask him a few questions when i go to pick the ZTT back up later.

Keith
23rd March 2007, 10:35
Ah well general Consensus is that it is Orange then. The Blue one must be either a Copy or Wrong then?

And in that ones case probably upside down, no wonder it got the blues!