PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control no longer working

AdT
23rd March 2007, 08:31
Hi all,

On my 2005 facelift ZT cdti the cruise control suddenly stopped working.
The green light at the button in the centerconsole comes on normally after pressing, but the steeringwheel controls stopped working.
Anybody any idea?

Thanks,

Ad

lildevil
23rd March 2007, 08:32
Hi all,

On my 2005 facelift ZT cdti the cruise control suddenly stopped working.
The green light at the button in the centerconsole comes on normally after pressing, but the steeringwheel controls stopped working.
Anybody any idea?

Thanks,

Ad

Is the ABS light on? If there is a problem with the ABS the car will automatically cut out cruise control for safety.

Regards
Tom

Raistlin
23rd March 2007, 08:42
Alternatively, if you have a manual transmission, check the switch at the very top of the clutch pedal arm.

They are known to creep out of their mounting - if it has moved, you just need to push it back into position.

Fille
23rd March 2007, 09:50
My cruise control once stopped working all of a sudden although the green light came on as it should. A quick reboot (ie switched the engine off then on again) cured the problem, although I suppose you have already tried this...

tigerchubs
23rd March 2007, 10:24
Is the ABS light on? If there is a problem with the ABS the car will automatically cut out cruise control for safety.

Regards
Tom

had an intermitent problem on mine, I found a minor adjustment at the clutch pedal switch cured the problem.

Andyb123
24th March 2007, 19:06
Is the horn still working and the other steering wheel controls, if they are also dead you need a new part that sits in the steering wheel. I cannot recall what this part is called but it failed on my 75 Con SE taking out the Cruise control, the horn at teh same time cost £175 for part and to be fitted at a Rover Franchise over on the Wirral.

Cheers,
Andy

Keith
24th March 2007, 20:01
Rotary coulper? Andy

Andyb123
26th March 2007, 18:15
Cheers Keith, I'd call it a £170 odd by another name, but that was the part that failed on mine, took out the horn and cruise control but not the CD changer or volume control?.

Ta.

davehockley
26th March 2007, 21:21
Cheers Keith, I'd call it a £170 odd by another name, but that was the part that failed on mine, took out the horn and cruise control but not the CD changer or volume control?.

Ta.

That price seems a bit extortionate. I had the rotary coupler replaced on a late model Omega about 3 years ago when the airbag warning light came on, and the main dealers supplied and replaced it for about £25.

Andyb123
28th March 2007, 21:32
Being a novice rover owner at the time and not a member of this very good club I was well and truely taken to the cleaners. Hence I now use our good man Lates for all my engineering needs for the car. Excellent work and good work out with dog.

Cheers,

Andy

Keith
28th March 2007, 22:08
That not a dog it is a Robot
Also it acts as the customer Service and Liason manager and provides complimentary entertainment.