PDA

View Full Version : Sun Visors

seacat
7th November 2006, 09:24
When I want to use the sun visors and pull them down from the stowed position, the visor generally ends up on the floor of the car or my lap.
Where the visor frame goes into the roof lining there does not seem be anything holding it in place. (Not the best description, but the best I can do for now)

Has anybody got any ideas as to how I can secure the visors so that they don't detach themselves and end upon the floor everytime I want to use them.

Thanks

James

Keith
7th November 2006, 09:47
Hi James I have only done this once so may be wrong

It is clipped on the non swivel side but screwed in at the swivel there is a little square cover over where the screw should be, have you taken this out to ensure the screw or the fitting it goes into is intact?

I can't remember is the screw expands the plastic to retain it or screws into part of the roof but once removed all should be obvious to you

HTH

Mike
7th November 2006, 09:48
James,

Do the brackets and everything fall out of the roof lining?

Mike

baxlin
7th November 2006, 10:18
Am I allowed to mention the "other" forum? If so, there was a thread discussing this very problem. All the solutions, and there were more than one, seemed to involve a little "bodging", shall we say.

hth

Malcolm

seacat
7th November 2006, 10:18
Hi Mike
No. Just the visor itself falls out.

I think Keith has soved the problem as there is no screw going into the fitting. Should a screw be there it would expand the fitting on the square plate and prevent the visor from falling out.
I will check when I get home hopefully sometime this month (Been working in Palma for the last 4 months)

seacat
7th November 2006, 10:19
Am I allowed to mention the "other" forum? If so, there was a thread discussing this very problem. All the solutions, and there were more than one, seemed to involve a little "bodging", shall we say.

hth

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, will have a look

James

Keith
7th November 2006, 11:51

hth

Malcolm

Ah yes I remember that was the coming off the pin thread wasn't it!
Go on then go and get the info for a howto :)