PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan upgrade- thanks Jules!

SKUDman
12th August 2009, 15:14
Having experienced all the problems with 2 x speed rad fan ie fast speed only, checked this forum and got loads of good info. Contacted Jules who despatched kit by return and everything now just fine. It all works just like promised. Very clear info and CD so thanks again Jules!

Peter

Greeners
12th August 2009, 17:00
Having experienced all the problems with 2 x speed rad fan ie fast speed only, checked this forum and got loads of good info. Contacted Jules who despatched kit by return and everything now just fine. It all works just like promised. Very clear info and CD so thanks again Jules!

Peter

Probably worth subscribeing to the forum then....;)

SKUDman
13th August 2009, 00:42
Probably worth subscribeing to the forum then....;)

Cheers for the advice David. I'll bear it in mind.....
"Subscription is voluntary not obligatory......"

mowog
13th August 2009, 13:12
Jules , update on my fan prob , that I spoke on phone to you about ,
It was not operating on low speed , found join in fan supply wires hidden in corrugated trunking had corroded in half the Red from fan .
I tested the fan by direct feeding and it worked ok I have put all back together , but it still does not work on slow when aircon is on .
Could this be resistor u/s ?

SMC Trading
13th August 2009, 21:13
Cheers for the advice David. I'll bear it in mind.....
"Subscription is voluntary not obligatory......"

As they say at tesco "Every little helps" but as you said the 3 quid is not obligatory :D

DoDo
13th August 2009, 22:37
As they say at tesco "Every little helps" but as you said the 3 quid is not obligatory :D

The work and expenditure that goes into running the Club
and the information received couldn't be obtained for anything like £3.00 anywhere else,
So I think its a bargain, although not obligatory it does help keep the Club online etc.
Yes I am biased, but felt I had to comment sorry. :o

Oooh finally 100 posts. Soon catch him up.

Jules
20th August 2009, 18:18
Jules , update on my fan prob , that I spoke on phone to you about ,
It was not operating on low speed , found join in fan supply wires hidden in corrugated trunking had corroded in half the Red from fan .
I tested the fan by direct feeding and it worked ok I have put all back together , but it still does not work on slow when aircon is on .
Could this be resistor u/s ?

99% Probably !
You can by a "bare bones" from Farnell or the likes, or buy an engineered kit from Yours Truly ready to fit. (saves an hour or so of looking for your cable ties, drill bits, Tap & die set, glue lined heatshtink etc etc.;)

T-Cut
20th August 2009, 18:44
glue lined heatshtink

Yea, I hate gluey heatshtink!

TC

Jules
20th August 2009, 19:01
Ye stinks if you let it go on fire:D

sf8752
20th August 2009, 22:41
Jules

i have an 03 1.8 petrol how do i know what speed fan i have and how do i check if it is working as it should do

steve.

Jules
20th August 2009, 22:50
Similar to this for LOW speed
But with a 3 speed the Trinary tests the MEDIUM speed.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35577
Note wire colours are slightly different on Petrol variants but the Trinary configuration is the same

Your Fan motor type is here:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41898