PDA

View Full Version : Wrong number plates 2

JP53
7th November 2006, 18:26
I'm off to dealers tomorrow to collect the new and proper number plates for my 75. I will also get the cheque for £6000. It just shows how much is placed on a cars reg. Same car, same milage 54 reg instead of 56 and £6000 difference, crazy. Not that I'm complaining ;) John.

Zeb
7th November 2006, 18:28
Technically of course you have been driving uninsured and illegally in other respects too.....mebbe the £6000 is also compensation for your risk!

JP53
7th November 2006, 18:31
Technically of course you have been driving uninsured and illegally in other respects too.....mebbe the £6000 is also compensation for your risk!

Thats right Zeb. I've walked to work the last couple of days and have been expecting to wake up and find the car nicked!

Phil
7th November 2006, 18:41
Do you mean that new 75 you had was reg'd wrong?! Incidentally what are AE Wilcox like? My mate bought a 45 from em a while back and said they were great, I rang em to ask about a repair and they refused to work on it, they never even laid eyes on me or my car, this was all over the phone.

JP53
7th November 2006, 18:48
Do you mean that new 75 you had was reg'd wrong?! Incidentally what are AE Wilcox like? My mate bought a 45 from em a while back and said they were great, I rang em to ask about a repair and they refused to work on it, they never even laid eyes on me or my car, this was all over the phone.

I have been pleased with them and they have sorted this problem quickly. They are one of the toughest nuts to crack when doing a deal, but crack they did. As for service and repairs I can't say I've not used them. They have been MGR dealers for a long time and their workshop looks ok. I get my MGR's worked on by Clarkes they are only 1 mile from where I live, Wilcox are an hour away! Yes the car was bought by me as "new and unregistered" however it was new and REGISTERED back in Jan 05 :unlucky: for them!

Phil
7th November 2006, 18:56
Shocking! How did you find out?

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:02
Shocking! How did you find out?

A letter and a new tax disc arrived in the post from the DVLA (bless them).

Neil Coupland
7th November 2006, 20:52
How many "different" cars have you had on the drive in the last few weeks? The neighbours will be talking!:chat:

JP53
7th November 2006, 20:55
How many "different" cars have you had on the drive in the last few weeks? The neighbours will be talking!:chat:

Remember the old type bus wind round route signs? Well I'm getting one fitted to front and rear of my car just to be on the safe side :D

Neil Coupland
7th November 2006, 21:24
:clap: Remember the old type bus wind round route signs? Well I'm getting one fitted to front and rear of my car just to be on the safe side :D

:clap: :rofl:

You got a double decker 75 then???:eek:

JP53
8th November 2006, 05:21
:clap:

:clap: :rofl:

You got a double decker 75 then???:eek:

:D Yes Neil I have the top decks a giant fuel tank :laughing2: