PDA

View Full Version : Change to your car

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:15
If you could add any ONE extra to your car (that was avaliable as an option when new) what would it be?
Mine would be a premium grill :drool4: :drool4:

Mike
7th November 2006, 19:17
Mine would be rear power blind plus computer :)

Ken
7th November 2006, 19:17
It wasn't available as an option as she's a 1.8t but I would love cruise control.

Ken

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:21
Mine would be rear power blind plus computer :)

Thats TWO, don't be greedy :lol:

Raistlin
7th November 2006, 19:22
Sat Nav - TV for me

It's the ONLY thing my 75 seems not to have

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:22
It wasn't available as an option as she's a 1.8t but I would love cruise control.

Ken

Yes thats one of the best bits on mine AND the only one that all my75's and ZT have had.

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:25
Sat Nav - TV for me

Spent two hours Saturday night sat in car watching Robin Hood and the fireworks. A couple of cans (of pop) in the cup holders and munching a bag of scratchings. Luckely wife is as sad as me!

Ken
7th November 2006, 19:28
Spent two hours Saturday night sat in car watching Robin Hood and the fireworks. A couple of cans (of pop) in the cup holders and munching a bag of scratchings. Luckely wife is as sad as me!

Can life get any better John?

Let me see? Sat night, Robin Hood, fireworks, a'h yes the Lottery! did you win? :D

Ken

BMC123
7th November 2006, 19:28
ours is only a classic SE so i am somewhat limited if i can only pick one, but it would have to be the heated front screen as I really miss the one our mondeo had on these frosty nights

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:33
Can life get any better John?

Let me see? Sat night, Robin Hood, fireworks, a'h yes the Lottery! did you win? :D

Ken

No mate, but I felt nearly as good :D I'm going to take back my "lucky dip" ticket under the trades discription act :bigsmile:

Phil
7th November 2006, 19:35
Mine would be anything but silver.

Fair enough,

I'd have liked TV sat nav.

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:36
ours is only a classic SE so i am somewhat limited if i can only pick one, but it would have to be the heated front screen as I really miss the one our mondeo had on these frosty nights

Had one on my Freelander. It saved the wife getting cold hands when she had to scrape the screen :laughing2:

Zeb
7th November 2006, 19:38
Mine would be the pre-heater...it wouldn't get used much but it sure would be appreciated when it was! Anything else would be electrical and those bits just means more stuff to go wrong!

Raistlin
7th November 2006, 19:39

Now that's what I call having a ball ;)

Freeway
7th November 2006, 19:42
I would have liked parking sensors and chrome door finishers !!

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:45

Thats TWO, but seeing as you are a lady and we are all gentlemen here (except Zeb) :laughing2: then thats ok.

Zeb
7th November 2006, 19:49
Thats TWO, but seeing as you are a lady and we are all gentlemen here (except Zeb) :laughing2: then thats ok.

'When Adam delved and Eve span who was then the gentleman?' :cool:

Hawkeye
7th November 2006, 19:51
Light oak leather steering wheel finished in beige. Love em.

JP53
7th November 2006, 19:55
'When Adam delved and Eve span who was then the gentleman?' :cool:

One thing I would not have picked would have been the optional extra multi change number plates. Eat your heart out 007 :D

Freeway
7th November 2006, 20:01
Whoops, sorry for being greedy and not paying enough attention to the question but once you start on those option wishes it's difficult to stop yourself. :oops:

driverjgp
7th November 2006, 20:06
If you could add any ONE extra to your car (that was avaliable as an option when new) what would it be?
Mine would be a premium grill :drool4: :drool4:

I would of had the SE pack added to my 75.:cool:

Alex30013k
7th November 2006, 20:08
er er ermmm

Ken
7th November 2006, 20:10
er er ermmm

Forget it Alex, you got it all :lol:

Alex30013k
7th November 2006, 20:15
Thinks its going to be....

2.5 V6 AUTO (Yes AUTO)

SCOTTY1
7th November 2006, 20:15
I would have added the remote control timer thingy to the webasto heater, I have everything else :D

JP53
7th November 2006, 20:29
Forget it Alex, you got it all :lol:

Yes including that grill :drool4:

Neil Coupland
7th November 2006, 20:30
Sat nav with TV, so on a Saturday night I can send the kids out to watch Robin Hood and fireworks...!:D

JP53
7th November 2006, 20:34
[QUOTE=Neil Coupland;3339]Sat nav with TV, so on a Saturday night I can send the kids out to watch Robin Hood and fireworks...!

:rofl:

Bluejon
7th November 2006, 20:41
Hi There;

Would have liked fog lights on my M1 1.8T Auto Club SE not fitted as standard on Auto Club SE.

majedm75
8th November 2006, 08:15
For me, it would have been Xenon lights :drool4: , but this was not available in 2000 :(. However, I cannot complain for the rest... :)

PaulG
8th November 2006, 08:20
I'd have liked an extra pair of cylinders under the bonnet.... sometimes 6 just don't seem quite enough.

windrush
8th November 2006, 08:42
My 75 was bespoke so have all I wanted ,but now I wish that I had added traction control to my list

Roverama
8th November 2006, 10:59
I'd have liked an extra pair of cylinders under the bonnet.... sometimes 6 just don't seem quite enough.

Having only 4 myself I'm sure I would be more than satisfied with 6 !

mykl
8th November 2006, 11:13
I'm not sure if front parking sensors were ever an option but I think I would like them or is it I need them. :driving:

Cos,,,,,I hit the side of my house when I parked last night. :cry:

mykl

MartinW
8th November 2006, 11:26
Sprintex Supercharger...oops, sorry, that was not on the factory option list, is it? Ok, Driver's Intelligence Pack - I thought I was smart enough at the time, but I have lost a few brain cells since then.

selwonk
8th November 2006, 11:28
Heated seats at the moment!

Keith
8th November 2006, 11:32
Sat Nav - TV for me

It can be arranged ;) you buy the bits I will lob them in, might be more than a one day job though and not one for the winter :)

Keith
8th November 2006, 11:35

Number 1 Easy
Number 2 Maybe you just might one day ;)

Keith
8th November 2006, 11:40
Afaik the 190 does not come with TC so I am only left with one thing it does not have - a Sunroof it has everything else on the option list afaik.

oh, oh, oh, I know original floor mats, I have got silly Xpower ones in their at the moment

JP53
8th November 2006, 12:23
Afaik the 190 does not come with TC so I am only left with one thing it does not have - a Sunroof it has everything else on the option list afaik.

oh, oh, oh, I know original floor mats, I have got silly Xpower ones in their at the moment

A sunroof now theres a challange for you mate :bigsmile:

Alan
8th November 2006, 12:31
I wish I had realised that the ordinary Conn didn't have leather as standard late on - then I would have got the SE which does have.:(

Keith
8th November 2006, 12:39
Got a can opener handy John? :)

JP53
8th November 2006, 12:49
Got a can opener handy John? :)

On it's way Keith. I'm only using mine if I want to wash my hair on the way to work at the moment or if I fancy a frost bitten ear :D besides the luck I have with birds I have to remember a hat :laughing2:

GreyGhost
8th November 2006, 14:04
A sunroof now theres a challange for you mate :bigsmile:

Only the best John :)

http://www.webasto.co.uk/general/en/am_automobile_3016.html

JP53
8th November 2006, 14:37
Only the best John :)

http://www.webasto.co.uk/general/en/am_automobile_3016.html

Best one I ever had was a Webasto fabric in my 1968 MGB. :D

GreyGhost
8th November 2006, 14:55
Best one I ever had was a Webaso fabric in my 1968 MGB. :D

My elder brother had a full length one on his Wolsley 1500 at about the same time. Fitting the box section into the roof opening to carry the vinyl cover apparently improved the charecteristics of the way the car behaved by stiffening and strengthening the roof.

You can get still get Webasto soft sunrooves, Electrically operated these days.

JP53
8th November 2006, 15:04
My elder brother had a full length one on his Wolsley 1500 at about the same time. Fitting the box section into the roof opening to carry the vinyl cover apparently improved the charecteristics of the way the car behaved by stiffening and strengthening the roof.

You can get still get Webasto soft sunrooves, Electrically operated these days.

I can believe that! I had a 1948 MG YA wind out window built in jack up system and skinny cross ply tyres! That was fun round an island at anything over walking pace :D

Spôôk
8th November 2006, 17:04
Afterthoughts?
Now let me see...

Engine remap check
Detachable toolbar check
Chrome mirrorcovers check
Xenon lights check
Intake mod check
Spring mod check
Heated washers (working on that - so check)
Automatic trans. (dreaming of that)
Chrome doorfinishers ??? NOW there is something!!!

Spôôk

GreyGhost
8th November 2006, 17:08
Chrome doorfinishers ??? NOW there is something!!!

Spôôk

Dreams can come true, sometimes, we are all hoping.

Commodore
8th November 2006, 21:00
If it has to be one thing - then I guess it would be the trip computer....

....and the Sat Nav/TV......

...and the powered rear blind....

...and parking sensors...

---and Leather Seats!

OK - I'll shut up now.

eVoHicks
8th November 2006, 21:06
Definately the TV/Satnav for me.

JP53
8th November 2006, 21:10
Definately the TV/Satnav for me.

Hi mate. Yes it's nice. The one Keith as fitted to his car is well smart.

eVoHicks
8th November 2006, 21:16
Yep is sure is m8. Even though you can get a decent Tomtom for around 300 notes, it just doesn't fit in the car like the Rover one. The one Keith has is that bit more special though.
Andy

JP53
8th November 2006, 21:21
Yep is sure is m8. Even though you can get a decent Tomtom for around 300 notes, it just doesn't fit in the car like the Rover one. The one Keith has is that bit more special though.
Andy

I agree, I fitted mine down in that space to the side of the steering wheel and it looked ok and worked a treat, but it did not look as good.

Mike
8th November 2006, 21:26
The OEM sat nav is the best fit for style etc. but it is more than easy to do a hard wired and mic'd (for bluetooth phone) in system with imo a neat finish

http://www.midnightphotos.co.uk/userimages/full/3/3687.jpg

Mike :)

JP53
8th November 2006, 21:29
The OEM sat nav is the best fit for style etc. but it is more than easy to do a hard wired and mic'd (for bluetooth phone) in system with imo a neat finish

http://www.midnightphotos.co.uk/userimages/full/3/3687.jpg

Mike :)

That does look very smart and it's cheaper, has better maps and can be upgraded from the computer.

REMF
8th November 2006, 21:31
Wood trimmed steering wheel for me

Mine looks naff:(

< N I C K >
9th November 2006, 03:23
Luckily my car came with the extras I really wanted such as sun roof & cruise control.

But if given the choice

1. TV
2. Trip computer
3. Projector headlamps

When I'm rich I may install an after market TV.

Mike
9th November 2006, 05:10
What gear knob is that Mike - Burr Walnut? Is it from the XPart online shop?

Simon,

Yes walnut. It is the original wood gear knob accessory - not available from XPart and I haven't seen one on ebay fro a long time.

Mike

JP53
9th November 2006, 06:46
That Walnut looks great Mike, depth of colour is first class

CFS75
9th November 2006, 11:58
My wishlist is for electrically operated folding mirrors.

Lovel
9th November 2006, 12:15
Full Rustmaster wax underbody treatment (the car that is)

Colin Crossley
9th November 2006, 12:34
Traction Control - safety is always the most imprtant thing...

Commodore
9th November 2006, 16:57
IIRC the one on the Xpart site only fits facelift models with the D-shaped gearstick. Can be modified to fit a pre-facelift round stick, but you really need to know what you are doing.

shifter
9th November 2006, 18:27
Roof bars-My Ztt has none!!

Commodore
10th November 2006, 11:41
That's a nuisance Chris. Are you certain? (Xpart's web page doesn't give any chassis numbers).
How can the pre-facelift stick be modified? Change the stick - or use some kind of adapter perhaps?
Pretty certain I'm afraid - this was something that was discussed and experienced at length when the forum was over on the mg-rover.org site. You can change the actual stick to a facelift stick, but i would suspect this is not a cheap solution.

PS. Ray at Xpart says the one on the website will fit pre-facelift cars. He may have been talking about the wood & leather one though:
http://shop.mg-rover.org/shop/95_291_0/rover/rover_75/styling/manual_woodleather_gear_knob/index.html
I would not be surprised if they have pre-facelift wood+leather gearknobs still in stock, as I would have thought these were less popular than the all-wood.

lildevil
10th November 2006, 18:38
I would have the Powerfold mirrors, the wooden gear knob that Mike has and Sat Nav. Oh and better, big alloys, the alloys fitted on my car which are 15" crowns are so small considering the spec which is Connoisseur SE.

Regards
Tom

Paranoid Carlos
13th November 2006, 14:55
Err wouldn't mind Keith's Engine and I don't mean kv6 or cdt if he wouldn't mind;)
I'll make the B88ger fit somehow. we can get round rear wheel drive

Nomis
13th November 2006, 15:10
I would get bigger alloys (Serpants are very nice) instead of the comet's it has now and I would love Highline sat nav set up as the standard 1 din setup looks out of place.

And I would gladly trade these for the above if it were possible - cruise, power fold mirrors and rear blind as they are completely useless to me and will never be used, well maybe the mirrors when packed on a busy road.

baxlin
13th November 2006, 15:42
Use my cruise control all the time, especially when in a speed limit area - roadworks on M-ways in particular.

Rear blind is good when stuck in traffic, and you want to show off to the bloke behind. Apart from this, I agree I could live without it

Neil Coupland
13th November 2006, 16:26
Use my cruise control all the time, especially when in a speed limit area - roadworks on M-ways in particular.

Rear blind is good when stuck in traffic, and you want to show off to the bloke behind. Apart from this, I agree I could live without it

You mean that isn't the whole purpose of the rear blind:D

PaulG
13th November 2006, 16:34
You mean that isn't the whole purpose of the rear blind:D

I've been wondering what the real pupose of my rear blind was for the last 6.5 years....... Rats, that's 6.5 years of showing off I've missed out out on then.:sad:

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:14
I would get bigger alloys (Serpants are very nice) instead of the comet's it has now and I would love Highline sat nav set up as the standard 1 din setup looks out of place.

And I would gladly trade these for the above if it were possible - cruise, power fold mirrors and rear blind as they are completely useless to me and will never be used, well maybe the mirrors when packed on a busy road.

Love cruise control and I need powerfold because my car port was built in 1970 and cars were smaller then :D Besides if you did not have them and wanted a retro fit it's a PIG of a job, just ask Keith and raistlin295 :frightened:

Raistlin
13th November 2006, 18:20
wanted a retro fit it's a PIG of a job, just ask Keith and raistlin295 :frightened:

But Sooooo worth the effort ;)

Keith
13th November 2006, 18:20
Err wouldn't mind Keith's Engine and I don't mean kv6 or cdt if he wouldn't mind;)
I'll make the B88ger fit somehow. we can get round rear wheel drive

What about 4WD and even 4W steering?
a KV6 in the front and one in the Back?
If it can be done with a mini.................................

Keith
13th November 2006, 18:23

Yeah ok, I agree might do one of mine next year just to do it properly you understand, having had a silver car to practice on means it will be so much easier next time!

:poke:

Raistlin
13th November 2006, 18:28
Yeah ok, I agree might do one of mine next year just to do it properly you understand, having had a silver car to practice on means it will be so much easier next time!

:poke:

OK - John and I will come over and get in the way again ;)

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:30

I use mine just to show off to other drivers (laughs childishly) and to fit through small gaps (smiles smugly). Do you think Keith would do a group fitting, say about a dozen cars? (loses a mate, Keiths moves house) :D

Raistlin
13th November 2006, 18:42
Do you think Keith would do a group fitting, say about a dozen cars? (loses a mate, Keiths moves house) :D

Before he does, it might be a worthwhile exercise to print out the wiring diagram from RAVE to trace cable colours within the loom - might be able to save a bit of work if they are already there, at least in the car body.

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:49
Before he does, it might be a worthwhile exercise to print out the wiring diagram from RAVE to trace cable colours within the loom - might be able to save a bit of work if they are already there, at least in the car body.

That would be a great help mate it would take a couple hours off the job and save alot of lifting. You know, despite all of the work, if I did not have power fold mirrors I would retro fit them. With a bit of help from my friends ;)

Zeb
13th November 2006, 19:56
That would be a great help mate it would take a couple hours off the job and save alot of lifting. You know, despite all of the work, if I did not have power fold mirrors I would retro fit them. With a bit of help from my friends ;)

Whereas us with wide garage doorways wouldn't......:D

JP53
13th November 2006, 20:03
Whereas us with wide garage doorways wouldn't......:D

Hi mate, you can see from the 'milk float' pictures just how tight for space we are in this part of the country :D

Zeb
13th November 2006, 20:06
Hi mate, you can see from the 'milk float' pictures just how tight for space we are in this part of the country :D

Indeed I can!:)

markperkins
14th November 2006, 11:06
Mine has too much already.
My first vehicle (1962 Minivan) had a floor starter, wipers, lights, a 'sort-of' heater....oh yes and a steering wheel.
That's quite enough!

Seriously though, I would like Xenon lights.

And not possible but a 'want' is a Mk1 radiator grille.

Ken
14th November 2006, 11:18
My first vehicle (1962 Minivan) [/B][/I]

and if you had cut hole's in the side and put in either sliding or fixed windows you would have owed the government £££ in 'car tax' even on a used one.

A friend of mine had to take his to be 'looked at' by the local taxation office for something else he did and they more or less gave him a bill for the windows. That would have been around 1968 or 69

Ken

Keith
14th November 2006, 11:25
Yes the old Mini van in drab green my Dad bought one brand new in 1966
no side windows and no rear seats iirc to save on tax

It did have a small sunroof though or was it a vent or a cat flap :)

Those were the days when you could have the rear doors wide open and go for a ride sitting with your feet trailing out of the back or even all piled up on the roof rack coming back from a picnic (did that on an Austin Oxbridge estate iirc)

Modern motoring has lost something through the years hasn't it?

Keith
14th November 2006, 11:27
Do you think Keith would do a group fitting, say about a dozen cars? (loses a mate, Keiths moves house) :D

Cough, spits dummy....................:eek:

If someones lends me a Bull Whip all things are possible :panic:

Ken
14th November 2006, 11:35

Indeed it has.

Cold heaters or no heaters

suicide doors (wrong way opening)

cable brakes

leaks

grease nipples

3 speed boxes

vacuum wipers

trafficator arms

running boards which rust out

six volt electrics

positive earth electrics

manual chokes

and lots more!

but it was fun! :lol:

Sorry I have probably taken this thread right off topic :rolleyes:

JP53
14th November 2006, 18:40

Those were the days when you could have the rear doors wide open and go for a ride sitting with your feet trailing out of the back or even all piled up on the roof rack coming back from a picnic (did that on an Austin Oxbridge estate iirc)

I owned a 1960 Morris Mini up untill 2 years ago. Red with Red and Cream seats, she was great.

dom
15th November 2006, 12:28
Great big huge Supercharger to push the V6 up to >250bhp......not sure quite where you could fit it though....

Or maybe an RB26DETT engine swap (the one with the NEO head) then..... (for you oldies that haven't got a clue what i am talking about, that is the highly tunable 3.0 V6 twin turbo engine from a Nissan Skyline, standard parts can handle up to about 400bhp)...

Simon
15th November 2006, 14:18
Great big huge Supercharger to push the V6 up to >250bhp......not sure quite where you could fit it though....

Or maybe an RB26DETT engine swap (the one with the NEO head) then..... (for you oldies that haven't got a clue what i am talking about, that is the highly tunable 3.0 V6 twin turbo engine from a Nissan Skyline, standard parts can handle up to about 400bhp)...

Sorry to correct you, but the RB26DETT was a 2.6L inline 6-cylinder engine. Standard output was 320bhp although official figures will quote 276bhp because of the "gentlemans agreement" in Japan. The ceramic turbos can't handle much more boost power because of their durability but a steel turbine (RB26DETT-N1) engines can handle up to 600bhp with standard kit.

There have even been modified Skylines achieving an awesome 1600bhp! :eek:

Okay. I'm done being smug and geeky in my knowledge :D

dom
15th November 2006, 15:01
Sorry to correct you, but the RB26DETT was a 2.6L inline 6-cylinder engine. Standard output was 320bhp although official figures will quote 276bhp because of the "gentlemans agreement" in Japan. The ceramic turbos can't handle much more boost power because of their durability but a steel turbine (RB26DETT-N1) engines can handle up to 600bhp with standard kit.

There have even been modified Skylines achieving an awesome 1600bhp! :eek:

Okay. I'm done being smug and geeky in my knowledge :D

Good Call Old Chap, i was meaning the RB30DETT, not the 2.6, made myself look like an a**e now..:fishslap:

And by equipment being able to withstand 400bhp, i was meaning standard clutch, pistons, gearbox etc...

Simon
15th November 2006, 15:11
Good Call Old Chap, i was meaning the RB30DETT, not the 2.6, made myself look like an a**e now..:fishslap:

We all make those mistakes now and again. Nevermind! No harm done! :lol:

Rob Bell
15th November 2006, 17:14
Since the 'one option' rule has gone by the wayside ;) I feel that I can now post!

1. Cruise Control (no surprise there then!)
2. Trip computer
3. Intelligence pack
4. Sat Nav
5. Full leather seats and monogram interior
6. Illuminated vanity mirror equipped visors (not an option - but MGR shouldn't have deleted these!!!)
7. Roof rails

I could go on. And on. And on. But I won't!!!

Plan to retrofit:
1. Cruise control (har har)
2. Trip computer (with the Traffic Master mod!)
3. Autodimming rear view mirror
4. Leather seats with heating (and why not? ;))
5. Illuminated vanity mirror equipped sun visors

And also a double DIN head unit rather than the OE sat nav.

Have already 'mono-grammed' the dashboard :cool: - and retrofitted the roof rails

Once that job list is done, I'll be very happy bunny!

markperkins
15th November 2006, 19:04

Mine was smoke grey then changed to tundra (dark green), not that horrible green you mention Keith.

Ken, the windows were a luxury I could never run to.

Funny that thing with the back doors open; the exhaust fumes would be dragged back in again and self and passengers would arrive sick with headaches from CO2 poisoning.
Health & safety eh?

Glad to have been there but doesn't it just make you realise how fantastic our 75/ZTs are.
Still brings me back to the fact that I have quite enough gizmos!

JP53
15th November 2006, 19:49
Since the 'one option' rule has gone by the wayside ;) I feel that I can now post!

1. Cruise Control (no surprise there then!)
2. Trip computer
3. Intelligence pack
4. Sat Nav
5. Full leather seats and monogram interior
6. Illuminated vanity mirror equipped visors (not an option - but MGR shouldn't have deleted these!!!)
7. Roof rails

I could go on. And on. And on. But I won't!!!

Plan to retrofit:
1. Cruise control (har har)
2. Trip computer (with the Traffic Master mod!)
3. Autodimming rear view mirror
4. Leather seats with heating (and why not? ;))
5. Illuminated vanity mirror equipped sun visors

And also a double DIN head unit rather than the OE sat nav.

Have already 'mono-grammed' the dashboard :cool: - and retrofitted the roof rails

Once that job list is done, I'll be very happy bunny!

And if you could only have one? My guess would be cruise control :D

maxi_crawf
16th November 2006, 12:33
Sat nav (high line)

maxi_crawf

JP53
16th November 2006, 19:14
Sat nav (high line)

maxi_crawf

Very useful on a dark, stormy night trying to find your way home along country lanes. I may well have still been lost now :)

Simon
16th November 2006, 19:44
Again since this thread has gone into free-abandon, here is everything I want to retro fit to my car (and probably in the order they will be done - but this is entirely subject to budget! :rofl: )

1. Better stereo (this is a work in progress)
2. Multi-function trip computer (also a work in progress)
3. Reverse parking sensors (on my xmas list)
4. Power-fold mirrors (Although, if I have to take my doors off I'm gonna cry...)
5. Some sort of parking heater for a V6 would be nice, despite the inherent fire risk :oops:
6. Dual exit tale pipe. :D
7. Re-trim the seats as mine are looking a bit worse-for-wear.
8. Private number plates. Just because I can.

apywell
16th November 2006, 20:09
Mine has everything but a sunroof, and sat nav-TV.

I do miss having an electric sunroof. :(

As for the sat nav.... I've just purchased a new tom tom where I can check the 5 day weather of my destination (or anywhere else for that matter), it can handle all my text messages and phone calls and has a live traffic alert! Don't think the fitted ones on the 75s have these functions...... But having a TV would be wicked!!!!:D

JP53
16th November 2006, 20:12
Mine has everything but a sunroof, and sat nav-TV.

I do miss having an electric sunroof. :(

As for the sat nav.... I've just purchased a new tom tom where I can check the 5 day weather of my destination (or anywhere else for that matter), it can handle all my text messages and phone calls and has a live traffic alert! Don't think the fitted ones on the 75s have these functions...... But having a TV would be wicked!!!!:D

TV is nice so is sunroof but at this time of year I only use mine if I want to wash my hair on the way to work or spend a couple of days in hospital with frost bitten ears :D

Aga
18th December 2006, 16:44
I'd love the leather seats with the air-flow holes. Mine gets oh so sweaty in the hot summers that we appear to have had recently!
I've taken to placing a towel on the seat before I sit down! Not very good for your image!!!

Andyb123
18th December 2006, 18:10
I guess I am one of the many lucky ones who have the Conn SE HiLine SatNav model with most of the extras every one appears to want. I have cruise control and the rear windscreen blind, also have an electric sunroof too, although have never had reason to open it due to the great A/C system.

There are two things I would like to change /add; Traffic Master to suppliment the SatNav system and to modify the webasto heater so that I can turn it on when I want it on and not just when its below 5 degrees outside.

Not asking for much from Santa.

Cheers,

All

Gryphon
18th December 2006, 19:02
Has to be bigger Alloys no wait Cruise Controll no no Sun Roof or maybe Power Folds Oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it i will leave it as it is for now :D

JP53
18th December 2006, 21:27
Has to be bigger Alloys no wait Cruise Controll no no Sun Roof or maybe Power Folds Oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it i will leave it as it is for now :D

Have them ALL for Christmas :xmas-smiley-011:

Gryphon
19th December 2006, 08:54
Have them ALL for Christmas :xmas-smiley-011:

My christmas present came early my other half got me a RoverRon STM1 and its been on for 3 weeks :D love it

Countach
23rd December 2006, 00:41
**IF** I could only have one it would be ESP,

But..considering its christmas, I'd like:
V8 power (>350bhp quadcam Mustang or Chevy LS)
FULLY Adjustable dampers (Ride height and damping like the new TT)
Four wheel Drive (yes really!!)
Powerfold mirrrors (MUST operate automatically when ignition turned off)
A bigger boot!
Webasto/Kenlowe preheating system

the ones I have and most like:
LPG conversion (33.9ppl)
Xenons
auto dim rearview mirror
reverse parking sensors
Towbar
Kenwood stereo w/6cd changer
Snooper Indago satnav/camera spotter

Actually searching for:
the ability to turn off reversing sensors when towing...
quad exit exhaust with 'real' exhaust note!
Induction kit (half fitted so far!)
17" wheels (to improve ride quality)

Don't want (on any car):
Leather seats
electric seats (what a waste of weight!)
Factory fit Satnav (unless its the Jaguar one!)

majedm75
23rd December 2006, 09:30
**IF** I could only have one it would be ESP,

FULLY Adjustable dampers (Ride height and damping like the new TT)

Talking about a good suspension, be sure everyone to check this new suspension from Bose. For the moment, it's still in design, but they are looking into ways to have installed as a 1st fit on high end cars, then as retrofit on remaining cars afterwards. Be sure to check the video clips also to show the drastic change in the car behavior. Their links are on the lower right side of the page and they run under Quicktime. The most stunning effect can be seen in the "Bump Test Track" movie.

Enjoy, really, as I can't wait to get my hands on some these for my car! :drool4:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp

crazyforover
29th March 2007, 18:11
i need leather seats for my rover 75 any one can help where i can get second hand cheap leather seats.thanks

crofts
29th March 2007, 21:29
i need leather seats for my rover 75 any one can help where i can get second hand cheap leather seats.thanks

Hi crazy ! They do come up quite regularly on ebay. Don't just look for leather seats. There are many offers of cars which when you open the page say they are breaking, all parts available.
They seem to go for fairly reasonable prices in my opinion, considering how many folk are after them.
Could try : Roverbreakers.com Tel. 01606 738873.
reclamet.co.uk Tel. 01843 823554/823224.
bestofbritishrover.btinternet.co.uk
[email protected]
Just persist, they do come up !
Good Luck

The Yellow Peril
29th March 2007, 23:28
About an extra foot of space in the rear would be a winner - I guess I want a Limo, although I read that the MG7 is 100cm longer that the old UK 75, so perhaps if I save all my Yen................

Andrew

iga
29th March 2007, 23:35
Hmmm, a tough one. I can't decide between Xenons and Cruise. As cruise was never available on the 1.8 I guess it'll have to be Xenons!

Countach
30th March 2007, 02:48
I've just been watching the Back to the Future films (again:getmecoat: ), and no Its not the Gullwing doors or unpainted look I'm after...

And then there's always the Bond :bowdown: gadgets, (Defibrilator anyone??)

Aga
28th April 2007, 17:39
I'd love the leather seats with the air-flow holes. Mine gets oh so sweaty in the hot summers that we appear to have had recently!
I've taken to placing a towel on the seat before I sit down! Not very good for your image!!!

But GREAT for my incontinence!!!!

carlpenn
20th August 2007, 10:12
I have a 2001 1,8 Connoiseur.

I have no idea what available extras I could have.

So I would say, Sat Nav.

Failing that, the Rear Auto Blind would be cool :)

guynkate
21st August 2007, 10:57
I have all options apart from: -

Folding mirrors
Pre - heater

And I would go for the Pre - Heater

baxlin
21st August 2007, 11:20
Don't want (on any car):[/COLOR]
Leather seats
electric seats (what a waste of weight!)

I have leather seats, and love them.

I also have electric (memory) seats. Great on the driver's seat, but a real pain on the passenger side, particularly if you need to adjust it and the key's not in the ignition, you have to keep running round the car!

I think I'd like powerfold mirrors, except mine are the bullet type, and therefore stick out almost as much when folded, so no real advantage.

Malcolm