PDA

View Full Version : Company Car

dom
8th November 2006, 19:36
I have been offered a company car at work, i have got £14,000 to spend, i know this is a bit of subject, but i thought i would see what sort of cars you guys might drive as company cars or second cars...

Keith
8th November 2006, 19:44
Dom I have a Car and Mileage allowance depending on the Journey it will be either

my 75 CDT or the 190 ZTT and from tomorrow the ZT260

I gave up company cars years ago the tax implications make them very unattractive now.

Does your company scheme dictate age of vehicle fully expensed etc or can you buy a modern Classic one site I was at a colleague had a Lotus! for the weekend and used a shed for the business trips

Zeb
8th November 2006, 20:42
I have been offered a company car at work, i have got £14,000 to spend, i know this is a bit of subject, but i thought i would see what sort of cars you guys might drive as company cars or second cars...

Why not get a new CDTi 75?

JP53
8th November 2006, 20:57
Why not get a new CDTi 75?

Great idea Zeb.:)
You would get a top notch one for that and the fuel costs are low and they are the bestest cars ever.:D

JohnFol
9th November 2006, 17:04
Hold on, for £14k you can buy a brand new, unregistered one with 3 year warranty from a main rover dealer. Why worry about ebay and AA inspections?

http://www.smc-mg.co.uk/index.php?pk=nv_rover&sk=nv

Kandyman
9th November 2006, 17:23
Dom - what about one of those two new unregistered ones on eBay?? They're both located in Somerset.

The Tourer is exactly £14k:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160040647048&rd=1&rd=1

The saloon is £13k:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160040647628&rd=1&rd=1

You could always get an AA mechanical report done before committing yourself to buy.

Was't there somthing funny about theses 2 cars said over on .org a few weeks ago ? cant remember what is was :rolleyes:

John Robins
9th November 2006, 20:44
The two "new" Rover on E-Bay have been on and off for some months and they are Japanese spec. , nothing wrong with that except the Radio and remote key operation.

Zeb
9th November 2006, 20:45
Have a look at Reg Vardy's 'used' section on t'internet for new 75s...

JP53
9th November 2006, 21:18
Have a look at Reg Vardy's 'used' section on t'internet for new 75s...

A.E. Wilcox too, they have sorted all the pre reg ones out now! Got a few nice ones there.

Zeb
10th November 2006, 12:39
SMC look well pricey!

Ti Rich
10th November 2006, 20:33
I opted out of company cars a few years back. I use my ZT CDTi for business and get paid 31p a mile for business use. The tax man then pays me another 4p at the end of the year.

I get to drive the car I want and it makes good economical sense too.

JP53
10th November 2006, 21:38
I opted out of company cars a few years back. I use my ZT CDTi for business and get paid 31p a mile for business use. The tax man then pays me another 4p at the end of the year.

I get to drive the car I want and it makes good economical sense too.

And you get something out of the tax man (boo hiss) which makes a very pleasant change :)

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:40
And you get something out of the tax man (boo hiss) which makes a very pleasant change :)

Oi! I used to be a *whispers* tax man...:jedi:

JP53
10th November 2006, 21:52
Oi! I used to be a *whispers* tax man...:jedi:

Oh (thinks quickley) thats when they were nice and did an important job collecting money to keep this nation great. Now you've seen ths light left all thats changed. Phew think I got away with that one :D

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:52
Oh (thinks quickley) thats when they were nice and did an important job collecting money to keep this nation great. Now you've seen ths light left all thats changed. Phew think I got away with that one :D

I heard you the first time! Pardon?:D

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:54
Actually I spent most of my time ensuring the peeps working at the County Councils collecting the Poll Tax never got off of the Emergency tax code :group: :group:

JP53
10th November 2006, 21:58
Actually I spent most of my time ensuring the peeps working at the County Councils collecting the Poll Tax never got off of the Emergency tax code :group: :group:

Now thats my kind of tax man! Staying on topic they all drove 75/ZT's that they bought as company cars (think I got away with that one too)