PDA

View Full Version : zt reversing switch

jimmy190+
8th November 2006, 20:55
ive got a zt saloon . i phoned the garage and booked my car in to get a few things checked.reversing lights weren't coming on and the fuel gauge needle was regestering when it was wanting to..after dropping the car of today i got a call from garage saying that it was my reversing switch and they were getting the part delivered from rover ,which is up the road,phonecall later saying that lights were fixed but they were going to put the car into rover through the warranty to get the fuel gauge done !.booked in for next wednesday.
picked the car up and drove it 5 mile .heard a noise stopped the car.and wen't and checked under it,and there was my whole plastic cover that covers underneath the car hanging on with one screw .managed to get it of with a philips and brought it home.

question to anyone..don't know if it was the garages fault or not but wasn't like that when i handed it in.only went in to get these things checked and this happens :mad:

GreyGhost
8th November 2006, 21:13
ive got a zt saloon . i phoned the garage and booked my car in to get a few things checked.reversing lights weren't coming on and the fuel gauge needle was regestering when it was wanting to..after dropping the car of today i got a call from garage saying that it was my reversing switch and they were getting the part delivered from rover ,which is up the road,phonecall later saying that lights were fixed but they were going to put the car into rover through the warranty to get the fuel gauge done !.booked in for next wednesday.
picked the car up and drove it 5 mile .heard a noise stopped the car.and wen't and checked under it,and there was my whole plastic cover that covers underneath the car hanging on with one screw .managed to get it of with a philips and brought it home.

question to anyone..don't know if it was the garages fault or not but wasn't like that when i handed it in.only went in to get these things checked and this happens :mad:

There are 12-14 fixings for the full size undertray. They do not come of by accident.

jimmy190+
8th November 2006, 21:32
yip some of the screws are still on the tray and some i lost along the road:mad: . as you said there are about 12 screws holding it up and don''t know if the garage has wen't near this !or had to take it of to check the gearbox for summit to do with my reversing lights..i did specify that the prob was not bulbs and was a gearbox fault, to which he said it was a reversing switch.it's how do i prove it before going back down tomorow to sign my warranty slip.:twonk:.

GreyGhost
8th November 2006, 22:14
yip some of the screws are still on the tray and some i lost along the road:mad: . as you said there are about 12 screws holding it up and don''t know if the garage has wen't near this !or had to take it of to check the gearbox for summit to do with my reversing lights..i did specify that the prob was not bulbs and was a gearbox fault, to which he said it was a reversing switch.it's how do i prove it before going back down tomorow to sign my warranty slip.:twonk:.

I wouldn't worry about having to prove it, take it back in there and tell them it was secure before you took it in there and 12 fixings do not come undone by accident. If there is no damage just get them to it put it back. It's only a 5 minute job.

To access the gearbox at all they would have to remove the undertray.
Please, someone confirm that this is the case.

Mike
9th November 2006, 04:52
The reverse switch can be accessed via the wheel arch but a garage would do it frpm underneath because they have the hoists and it is the best way. So yes belly panel off.

hth

Mike