PDA

View Full Version : V8 parts only ! or not ?

bigsteve
13th April 2007, 10:38
Hi

I am going to sell these bits but just want to check a couple of things.
Is the V8 carpet only for the V8 due to the bigger tunnel, and the front uprights, steering rack, steering UJ, anti roll bar,front cailipers, front damper assemblies front subframe only for V8 as well. As I dont want to list them incorrecttly.

Cheers

Steve

Keith
13th April 2007, 11:04
I would err on the side of caution and say V8 only except for the front calipers which are supposed to be the same as the 190 but even that was subject to fair bit of discussion a while ago.

pmessling
13th April 2007, 17:48
i got a pair of front 190 calipers and they are nothing like the ones on my 260.

Keith
13th April 2007, 19:36
See! told you someone had been down that route Steve!

Als260
22nd April 2007, 21:04
I thought the calipers were fitted back-to-front, inside-out, upside-down or something like that. They are definately not specific to the 260 as they have B*W cast into them.

pmessling
22nd April 2007, 23:12
the ones i have are totally different, differently cast as well

bigsteve
23rd April 2007, 09:11
When Rebuilding The Car, Found Out That I Have Two Different Front Sub Axles, One Had A Thicker Caliper Mounting Lugs Then The Other Which Meant Diffrent Lenght Caliper Bolts Were Needed For The Different Uprights.

Also The Two Cars Had Different Clutch Mounting Brackets Fitted To The Inside Of The Chassis Rails.

Cheers

Steve