PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Driving Music?

Simon W
9th November 2006, 00:40
What's your favourite ? :driving:

GreyGhost
9th November 2006, 00:49
Depends entirely on my mood,

From patriotic brass band marching music right through to The Verve Urban Hymns and everything in between. :)
One of the issues with having 8 thousand tracks on my Mac and increasing most days. I love music of all kinds. Just can't get enough.

JP53
9th November 2006, 06:33
What's your favourite piece of music to drive to? :driving:

I can't decide between Verve's Bittersweet Symphony or Springsteen's superb The Rising (... on wheels of fire I come rollin' down here)

Apart from the sound of my V6?
Glen Miller, there the secret is out.

Raistlin
9th November 2006, 07:03
To compliment the 75s calming soothing ride experience:-

Any of the Mozart piano concertos but specifically the second movement of the 21st.

Any Wagner

Bach cello suites.

As you might guess, I use my car as a de-stress on the way home from work each day. ;)

salop75
9th November 2006, 13:45
Well, my normal soundtrack is that of a three year old and associated musical story tapes accompanied by SWMBO nattering on her mobile phone.

So when i do get to drive any distance on my own i will normally listen to,

1/ Anything good by Pink Floyd (so thats most of their catalogue)
2/ Brothers in Arms/Love over Gold by Dire Straits (love Telegraph Road)
3/ Radio 4

All of which sound great in such a comfy and relaxing car as a 75.

If i had a garage i would probably go out to it and sit in my 75 just to relax :)

John

GreyGhost
9th November 2006, 14:22

Love Glen Miller have quite a lot of that genre

mykl
9th November 2006, 15:29
My favorite piece just has to be Dire Straits money for nothing just crank up the volume!!!!!!!!!!

mykl

Zeb
9th November 2006, 15:58
Transvision Vamp....usually at the request of my 4 year old daughter! (Chip off the old block eh!)

Nick Hoare
9th November 2006, 16:09
Since buying my 75 and having my first car with a CD player I have transfered all my "Enigma" albums onto mp3 CD's. Sounds even better in my car than they ever did from my Hi-Fi.

driverjgp
9th November 2006, 16:22
What's your favourite piece of music to drive to? :driving:

I can't decide between Verve's Bittersweet Symphony or Springsteen's superb The Rising (... on wheels of fire I come rollin' down here)

Bear in mind I am only 31 years old, I now drive a 75 and my music taste is quite varied to say the least, I enjoy 40s (war time), 60s, 70s, 80s, depends what mood I'm in and how stressed I am, I also like listening to Jennifer rush "The power of love" (with firm acceleration) and played quite loud don't why it just feels right. :p:

Ken
9th November 2006, 18:21

That man has taste! :D

BMC123
9th November 2006, 18:21
i play whatever's on my MP3 player, and that can be anything from 80's Euro electronic stuff from laserdance, Koto and Tomita, through to Enya, Enigma, and finally some Euro pop/trance dance music :lol: I have even had some Ultrasonic and Scooter on it :rolleyes: Thats what I get for being an ex DJ :driving:

Ken
9th November 2006, 18:28
i play whatever's on my MP3 player, and that can be anything from 80's Euro electronic stuff from laserdance, Koto and Tomita, through to Enya, Enigma, and finally some Euro pop/trance dance music :lol: I have even had some Ultrasonic and Scooter on it :rolleyes: Thats what I get for being an ex DJ :driving:

That flew right past me.............. no longer getting old........now old :D

BMC123
9th November 2006, 18:34
and I thought being 80's stuff somebody on here might know it :D

Ken
9th November 2006, 18:41
and I thought being 80's stuff somebody on here might know it :D

I know enya and enigma but the other music left me thinking a bit :lol:

Born in 1950 so its 60s, 70s and some 40s for me. To each their own though as music means so much to all of us in one way or the other :lol:

JP53
9th November 2006, 18:51
That man has taste! :D

Why thankyou Ken. A few years ago I went to see Herb Miller's (Glen's Nephew) big band live! They were great.:D

BMC123
9th November 2006, 18:55
I know enya and enigma but the other music left me thinking a bit :lol:

Born in 1950 so its 60s, 70s and some 40s for me. To each their own though as music means so much to all of us in one way or the other :lol:

yep.. But, even though I was born in the 60's I detest 60's and 70's music, although when i heard Kraftwerk for the 1st time in 1978 and Gary Numan in 1979 that's when things changed :)

Simon
9th November 2006, 19:24
If i had a garage i would probably go out to it and sit in my 75 just to relax :)
John

Yes - I totally agree! :iagree: I'd do the same too...

As for music, I'm going to expand the musical diversity even futher by including progressive metal (Dream Theatre, Ayreon and such like) as well as modern nu-metal and rock. I'm also partial to some jazz-influenced rock such as Porupine Tree.

Nothing like listening to The Glass Prison by Dream Theater at high volume levels. (now that's driving music...) :D

chris75
9th November 2006, 19:39
For Travelling music , it's the sound track from Easy Rider . "Born to be wild" is especially for overtaking ...........................

Dave Goody
9th November 2006, 19:44
How about "Silver Dream Machine " by David Essex

Should put the cat among the pigeons!! Dave

John Robins
9th November 2006, 20:29
What a bunch of Philistines ! You should only listen to Elgar, Vaughan Williams and the other wonderful British composers when driving a Rover 75 , and as for Paul and all that German stuff......well I might forgive you if Alfred Brendel played the Mozart !:poke:

Jamie
9th November 2006, 20:31
What About Green onions by MG & the Bucateers (I think thats what they were called)

Jamie

Zeb
9th November 2006, 20:32
What a bunch of Philistines ! You should only listen to Elgar, Vaughan Williams and the other wonderful British composers when driving a Rover 75 , and as for Paul and all that German stuff......well I might forgive you if Alfred Brendel played the Mozart !:poke:

So Motorhead is ok then cos Lemmie is English?:D

SCOTTY1
9th November 2006, 20:37
I think it was Booker T & the MG's, any way, I like Black Sabbath, ACDC, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and that sort of stuff, nothing Beats 'Highway to Hell' on the way to work in the morning and 'Back in Black' on the way home in mi black 75 :D

Scotty1

Zeb
9th November 2006, 20:39
I think it was Booker T & the MG's, any way, I like Black Sabbath, ACDC, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and that sort of stuff, nothing Beats 'Highway to Hell' on the way to work in the morning and 'Back in Black' on the way home in mi black 75 :D

Scotty1

Ah, finally someone with taste! :lol:

SCOTTY1
9th November 2006, 20:39
So Motorhead is ok then cos Lemmie is English?:D

Their playing in Birmingham tonight!:)

Jamie
9th November 2006, 20:40

Scotty1

OOPs....I was close though.....as for AC/DC......now we ARE talking....but I have to say I prefer Sin City as my favorite track.

Zeb
9th November 2006, 20:40
Their playing in Birmingham tonight!:)

Lol, saw them 20 years ago...or thereabouts (one forgets!) ...loudest concert ever at the time....explains a lot now :(

SCOTTY1
9th November 2006, 20:46
Lol, saw them 20 years ago...or thereabouts (one forgets!) ...loudest concert ever at the time....explains a lot now :(

Ditto, it was about 26 years ago outside the old Central TV studios when they were on Tizwas, also saw the Chris Tarrent doing the Bucket of water song with Sally James and the crew in the fountain outside the Hall of Memory. Those were the days:party:

Zeb
9th November 2006, 20:48
Ditto, it was about 26 years ago outside the old Central TV studios when they were on Tizwas, also saw the Chris Tarrent doing the Bucket of water song with Sally James and the crew in the fountain outside the Hall of Memory. Those were the days:party:

Lol...funnily enough it was in Southampton that I saw them, a big ruck with the mods outside afterwards...most lively it must be said!

salop75
10th November 2006, 08:30

s'funny you mention how loud they are. I saw them play in London at the Hammersmith thingy, unbelievably loud, I wont over exagerate and suggest my ears bled :) - but i had a constant ringing for a couple of days afterwards.

Seeing them live once was enough for me. Bomber is a great track, specialy when the plane comes down over the stage :)

John

Neil Coupland
10th November 2006, 10:45

Me too, 20odd years ago, Cleethorpes Winter Gardens, a classy venue if ever there was. The volume was so loud that we listened to from the bar! It was less painful!!:D

dom
10th November 2006, 12:25
With the Missus and Nipper in the car - Linoel Richie, Luther Vandross

Driving on my own - Incubus, Evanesence, Eazy E, Biggie (bet you old timers haven't got a clue who i am talking about)

alan sattenstall
10th November 2006, 13:37
the only thing to listen to and entirely appropriate in our country must be
chris reas road to hell

K T
10th November 2006, 14:53
Well, my normal soundtrack is that of a three year old and associated musical story tapes accompanied by SWMBO nattering on her mobile phone.

So when i do get to drive any distance on my own i will normally listen to,

1/ Anything good by Pink Floyd (so thats most of their catalogue)
2/ Brothers in Arms/Love over Gold by Dire Straits (love Telegraph Road)
3/ Radio 4

All of which sound great in such a comfy and relaxing car as a 75.

:cool:

John

The guitar solo on Telegraph Road is excellent driving music....especially on motorways....volume cranked up and power to the pedal....that was in company cars throughout the 80's travelling the length of GB every week.....
Now it's Billy Joel & The Eagles while driving home from work in my 75....or sometimes a bit of Motown if 'The Duchess' is in the car....we both grew up listening to Motown....motor city music...Then there's old 'Meat Loaf' Like a Bat Out Of Hell (1).....Crikey I could go on and on and on

K T

Pete
11th November 2006, 10:34
CD box has Pink Floyd, Bimbetta, Toni Childs, Joanna Newsome, Portishead and Travis spinning at the mo. I took The Clash and Stiff Little Fingers out a while back as it was affecting my driving. :panic:

radi8or
12th November 2006, 15:09
The Best Air Guitar Album in the World, 1, 11, 111 and The Best of the Best Air Guitar Albums in the World - Ever. :cool: :cool: :cool:

geordieskin
13th November 2006, 10:35
at the moment i have in

1. belle and sebastian, home made compilation.
2.Motorhead, best of.
3.Afroman,drunk and high.
4.vivaldi,the four seasons.
5.straus,the blue danube.
6.cypress hill,best of.

suprising how many motorhead fans we have on here,i first saw them on the overkill tour at newcastle's mayfair,must be 25 years ago?.as said,my ears were ringing for days.they were supported by a band called tank,who made motorhead seem like the london philharmonic!

Zeb
13th November 2006, 20:18
at the moment i have in

2.Motorhead, best of.
6.cypress hill,best of.

suprising how many motorhead fans we have on here,i first saw them on the overkill tour at newcastle's mayfair,must be 25 years ago?.as said,my ears were ringing for days.they were supported by a band called tank,who made motorhead seem like the london philharmonic!

I saw them on the 'Bomber' tour with Saxon as support......my ears have never recovered I fear :(

maxi_crawf
14th November 2006, 16:00
Bill Withers singing lovely day!

maxi_crawf

dom
15th November 2006, 12:21
at the moment i have in

2.Motorhead, best of.
6.cypress hill,best of.

I bet you get a bit of a culture shock jumping from Vivaldi (great classic) to Afroman (another great classsic). Loving the fact some people are single minded when it comes to music, i mean, Strauss to Cypress Hill, that rocks...:frightened:

Colt 45
15th November 2006, 18:20
Acker bilk - Stranger on the shore
Danny boy - harry Connick junior

These go with the car, real chill out music.

stef_uk
15th November 2006, 21:37
at the moment i have
1, coldplay-rush of blood
2, jamiraquai-high times
3, depeche mode-best of
4, now 65 cd1
5, now 65 cd2
6,faithless-best of

will be removing the now 65 cd's as they are garbage...but what to replace it with...nice bit of tom jones and a good early 80's compalation

mitch
24th November 2006, 18:42
got to be System of a Down or The Foo Fighters

Tricky160
24th November 2006, 18:53
Audioslave - Audio slave (Nail in my head - full blast)

2Pac - All eyez on me (The best rap Album ever made)

I wonder how many other Rover drivers Listen to Rap

GreyGhost
24th November 2006, 19:37
Audioslave - Audio slave (Nail in my head - full blast)

2Pac - All eyez on me (The best rap Album ever made)

I wonder how many other Rover drivers Listen to Rap

:panic: :rant: :frightened: :puke: :nurse: :target:

JP53
24th November 2006, 21:21
:panic: :rant: :frightened: :puke: :nurse: :target:

I always thought they had missed a C off the name ;)

Lord Minty
24th November 2006, 21:32
Two favourites in my 75 are:

Formica Blues - Mono (has the 'Life in Mono' track on it from the Rover 25 roulette wheel ad)

Kula Shaker - any of their stuff. I think Rover/BMW missed a trick by not using 'Sound of Drums' as music on the 75's TV ads.

Retro-style music for a retro-style car!

Simon
24th November 2006, 22:28
got to be System of a Down or The Foo Fighters

Hooray! Someone else with similar music tastes to me! :D