PDA

View Full Version : rebuild finished and its on the road

bigsteve
14th April 2007, 21:51
Hi All

Yep, its done mgr-service.com did the business, the smoke has cleared just some NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- in the engine, ECU restart via the T4 went fine the only thing it did not like was that the original car had Exons fitted and the facelift has projectors and the ECU though a fault code up but apart from that it was all fine and dandy, the guys did a pre mot check and a lazer wheel alinement, which was well out, the pre mot check had just 5 faults which I am chauffed with, handbrake adjustment required, now done, handbrake cable touching exhaust over rear axle , now done, rear door alinement, not a fault just a obsveration, now done, front ball joint NS, to do tomorrow.
The only wierd thing happening is when you start the car the petrol gauge works then after a minute or two it stops and goes to empty any ideas guys.

Still to do , get another key, find a CD cassette to hold the CD's for the CD player, anybody got a spare ?. get a shorter belt for the engine, mine came witha 94 inch belt, which puts the adjuster on the stop even with a new belt

The stainless mesh for the lower grills came from
Lockwood International Ltd. Unit 7. Croydon St. Leeds LS11 9RT Telephone 0113 2440070 or Email [email protected]

So I hope to see you on my travels, now that its a runner.
Poeple have asked about the costs of the project I can now say £6500, but how do you value 300 hours, even at £30 an hour thats £9000, so was it worth it, yes , would you do it again NO.

Thanx again for all the nice comments and encoragement from you all:drool4:

Simon
14th April 2007, 23:01
Blimey! I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I'm utterly in awe at your achievement on this project :bowdown:

Glad to see it has all panned out alright in the end. Just make sure everythings still all bolted together and running ship-shape after a few hundred miles of 'testing' time. I'd get a new belt asap as from what I hear they can flap around and cause damage/wear themselves out because of the lack of tension.

Do you need an MOT for it before it can be used on the road and what about official docs? Does the DVLA need to see the vehicle or will the old V5 etc from the rolled V8 or the newer chasis you used carry forward to this one?

JohnDotCom
14th April 2007, 23:27
Simply Brilliant Job done in Record time.
You must feel elated now its running.
What year Reg. does it have or are you using original?
Hope to see you at a meet soon.

GreyGhost
15th April 2007, 09:12
Hi Steve,

Congratulations on a job well done. I don't think there are many in this world that would have taken that project on (and seen it through successfully).

Petrol gauge issue. (It's a V8 what do expect), Sory couldn't help myself. :D

Have fun and happy motoring for the future.

Tim
15th April 2007, 11:37
In ore!!!:bigsmile:

The gauge maybe shorting or a loose connection if it happens everytime you start up.

Mike
15th April 2007, 11:55
Steve,

Congrats indeed :D Definitely a WOW job that one. Do you have detail pics of every stage? It would be great to put up an illustrated run through. Happy to work with you on that if you like.

Regards

Mike

Tatts
15th April 2007, 13:28
Mucho credit, thats a fantastic job. Hope the car gives you many miles of troublefree and happy motoring!

PS - How about making a 'how-to'? :SHOCKED: :D

Alex30013k
15th April 2007, 13:48
Very Very Well Done! Enjoy your new car!

HOMER
16th April 2007, 17:55
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: We're not worthy , Top job

Tim
16th April 2007, 19:15
If Steve's superb work has wetted your diy skills I'm aware of a 260 needing some love and attention. Not to the same extent as Steve's body transplant, but a minor front end rebuild. Could be a cheap way into the world of ZTV8's.

PM me if you are interested.

sworks
16th April 2007, 19:17
Excellent news, glad everything went well and is now running

Phil
16th April 2007, 21:02
Well done!

Now, how about a how too?

AURORA MG
16th April 2007, 21:07
I like the backdrop to the photo's of your lovely ZT260!!!!!!!

Jules
16th April 2007, 21:51
Congrats from me too Steve

The pace of your project was awsome (as though you had 8 people working on it like they do on "Pimp My Ride"

Could you please rebuild my car for me and how long would you take?

Could I pick it up in say, end of May

Cheers Jules

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/8114623f0f828cd0.bmp

bigsteve
17th April 2007, 14:32
Sorry Jules

Only do V8's besides, your under ground car park seems to need finishing.

cheers

Steve

NOCTURNAL
18th April 2007, 12:26
great job Steve... was that shorter belt info I posted on two-sixties not short enough??
its what mines running and no signs of trouble at all...
2 345 millimeters = 92.3228346 inches

Nick

bigsteve
18th April 2007, 19:35
Hi Nick

lost the info from you, 92.25 seem to be the one, just ordered a Goodyear gator belt that lenght from the US, did you have a Gates part number for your belt

cheers

Steve

NOCTURNAL
20th April 2007, 19:52
Hi Nick

lost the info from you, 92.25 seem to be the one, just ordered a Goodyear gator belt that lenght from the US, did you have a Gates part number for your belt

cheers

Steve

6pk2345 the 2345 being the millimeters I posted above...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/mustangdrivebelts006.jpg

Nick

Jules
8th February 2010, 10:33
Shame all Bigsteve's Hosted Photos have gone
Any chance of getting them back?:shrug: