PDA

View Full Version : Extreeme Rover 75!

AURORA MG
16th December 2009, 18:50
I remember seeing a few weeks back a Blue "W" reg 75 for sale on ebay ( there was a link on here) with silver flames down the side, a bonnet scoop, huge rear spoiler & large wheels.
Well today I saw it parked up in a drive of a nice house in Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent. I wonder if that is where it lives.

Hattman
16th December 2009, 19:04
Is it that modiried one that can be found on you tube? It took a slating on on here a while back. Although it turned out the owner was a member.

trebor
16th December 2009, 19:14
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but i guess most on here would say a step too far, and me included

pab
16th December 2009, 19:18
i thought he was from essex...must have upgraded to kent.

calibrax
16th December 2009, 19:23
i thought he was from essex...must have upgraded to kent.
Trust me... Chatham ain't an upgrade! :D

sydneymj
17th December 2009, 16:20
I remember seeing a few weeks back a Blue "W" reg 75 for sale on ebay ( there was a link on here) with silver flames down the side, a bonnet scoop, huge rear spoiler & large wheels.
Well today I saw it parked up in a drive of a nice house in Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent. I wonder if that is where it lives.

Hi Andy

Saw this car the other day parked up just up the road from me looks horrific chav mobile IMO, if your name is Bruce Wayne would not look out of place!!!

Malcolm

shooty
17th December 2009, 16:36
Hi Andy

Saw this car the other day parked up just up the road from me looks horrific chav mobile IMO, if your name is Bruce Wayne would not look out of place!!!

Malcolm

I only live in Strood so l will keep an eye out for it, and if l see it l will try to take some photo`s

Alex30013k
17th December 2009, 17:10
I seen the same car parked up in a industrial estate in Sittingbourne, his been there quite a few times when ive drove past!

The Jugs
17th December 2009, 17:26
It has been resident at Maidstone Road for some time now.

loanranger
17th December 2009, 18:07
Hope it dont come down the road to Gravesend then

Departed 32016
17th December 2009, 18:10
wonder if he has declared all mods to the insurance company.

Phil
17th December 2009, 19:14
Isn't this Stylish Kent Man's car?

AURORA MG
17th December 2009, 19:33
I only live in Strood so l will keep an eye out for it, and if l see it l will try to take some photo`s

You can't miss it lol. Have you visited us yet? www.mgr-service.com in Rainham/Sittingbourne.

pab
17th December 2009, 19:39
Isn't this Stylish Kent Man's car?i must have it the wrong way round..thought he was from essex,

derekosb
17th December 2009, 20:04
Yep, username stylishkentman on You Tube (and here when he joined IIRC).

If this is the car we are talking about:

2XMQAaRLb7Q

Derek

AURORA MG
17th December 2009, 20:09
Yes, that is the very car!

pab
17th December 2009, 20:12
Yep, username stylishkentman on You Tube (and here when he joined IIRC).

If this is the car we are talking about:

2XMQAaRLb7Q

Derekthanks for that derek...that music.

derekosb
17th December 2009, 20:14
It get's worse you know:

2CRHD79AvoU

Be sure and turn it up!!

Treats it well!

_ZYgS0F3uZc

Derek

pab
17th December 2009, 20:19
Doe's that particular music track have to be playing to activate the under body lighting?

sydneymj
17th December 2009, 22:17
why cover the plate over surely no one in their right mind would want to clone this disgrace to the 75 brand imo

sydneymj
6th February 2010, 21:10
It has been resident at Maidstone Road for some time now.

Hi from a fellow Chatham 75 owner

StevenWilliams
6th February 2010, 21:17
I quite like the idea of the window tints being the same colour as the car but the rest is not to my taste.

Andyd358
6th February 2010, 21:22
Me to i do like the window tints

2Diesels
6th February 2010, 21:24
I like the flames.............I could see my ZT in flames:D:D:D:getmecoat:

Departed 32016
6th February 2010, 21:32
I like the flames.............I could see my ZT in flames:D:D:D:getmecoat:
:)
not thinking of a torch for the insurance to get that scratch fixed i hope!

2Diesels
6th February 2010, 21:44
:)
not thinking of a torch for the insurance to get that scratch fixed i hope!

Who me? Never:D

2Diesels
6th February 2010, 21:45
Now how do you start a flood?:shrug::D:D

Dragrad
6th February 2010, 22:41
Each unto their own ;)

It is obvious that he "loves" his car and has spent a lot of money on it. In my view, if he's happy, why should he be slated for it. :shrug:

He's keeping the car on the road, which is the primary purpose of this club. :)

Please read the FAQ on the toolbar above ;)

And, as he is a member, I wish he would come to a National Meet to let me get a closer look at his car :D

phenonix
6th February 2010, 23:16
If he is a Rover 75 lover then he is the same as all of us and should be supported.
With all these programs on tv about car modifying Chop Shop etc i think it's great to see the variety of stylings one can do to a car, any car, the more the merrier.
Yes we have those who prefer to keep it traditional and near to original as possible but how many people think the 75 is old fashioned and an old man's car which members here find wrong, me included.:mad:
Same goes for the comments about this kind of thing, i think if you don't have anything positive to say then there no real need to say anything, i'm trying to figure out the purpose of negative comments, except to only to turn people away from the forum, didn't the Beatle's paint up a Rolls Royce? which i'm sure we all thought was great and rebellious at the time.:D

Dragrad
6th February 2010, 23:29
If he is a Rover 75 lover then he is the same as all of us and should be supported.
With all these programs on tv about car modifying Chop Shop etc i think it's great to see the variety of stylings one can do to a car, any car, the more the merrier.
Yes we have those who prefer to keep it traditional and near to original as possible but how many people think the 75 is old fashioned and an old man's car which members here find wrong, me included.:mad:
Same goes for the comments about this kind of thing, i think if you don't have anything positive to say then there no real need to say anything, i'm trying to figure out the purpose of negative comments, except to only to turn people away from the forum, didn't the Beatle's paint up a Rolls Royce? which i'm sure we all thought was great and rebellious at the time.:D
Well said Sir ;)

GreyGhost
7th February 2010, 00:30
Each time this car comes up on the forum, somebody gets his knickers in a twist over it. We don't do personal insults, especially not when it is a member, whether they post or not. Each to their own when it comes to modding cars, this one I believe is immaculately turned out, if not to the taste of most members.
I have edited Richards post to reflect this. Please keep it civilised after all we are MGR owners.

Dragrad
7th February 2010, 01:37
Each time this car comes up on the forum, somebody gets his knickers in a twist over it. We don't do personal insults, especially not when it is a member, whether they post or not. Each to their own when it comes to modding cars, this one I believe is immaculately turned out, if not to the taste of most members.
I have edited Richards post to reflect this. Please keep it civilised after all we are MGR owners.
Again, WELL SAID, Sir... :)

We need to respect each individual's viewpoint of how they perceive their vehicle of choice. And how they want it to appear. It is, after all, the individual's choice of how they spend their money to, in their eyes, 'improves' their vehicle.

In my view... EACH UNTO THEIR OWN - enough said. ;)

Jules
7th February 2010, 01:44
Respect
Well said man .............................cue the music

moonstoneboy
7th February 2010, 05:01
If this was the sole surviving 75 then I would criticise what has been done - it is not. It looks very well done and can be turned back to standard. It survives.

There is no criticism thrown at people who post 'I am breaking the car because the interior light does not work any more'. That car, whilst possibly providing parts for our cars, is lost for ever.

Perhaps, disregarding the hostility from some in this 'friendly' club the owner would like to let us know what has been done to the car.

And what about what Rover did to some of their cars - the V8 P6s entered by the factory for racing have very modified bodies - bonnet bulges, very flared wheel arches, Olds Traco engines etc.

Everyone is also going oooh over the prototype 2 door coupe 75 - would someone get the same reaction is someone created a clone as this car is?

phenonix
7th February 2010, 05:22
Hopefully this thread will turn into a thread above individualism not necessarily just this individual.

I still think even if it was the last 75 on earth we still can not criticize, you still cannot hurt peoples feelings over something they have put a lot of work into and obviously love, say what you like about it (blue tints), but one should keep the negative comments to oneself, people put their cars up here to receive compliments not to be looked down at and ridiculed.

I've seen some interior pictures on the forum that do not appeal to me, but they do to the owner of that car, so i keep my negative opinions to myself because my negative opinion means nothing to him/her.

miketata
7th February 2010, 05:46
it doesn't have to be an "old man's car" .

StevenWilliams
7th February 2010, 08:47
StylishKentMan takes a lot of pride in his car (And his Wifes Pink one) and this is to be respected even if we don't all agree with his changes.

upstream
7th February 2010, 08:51
The car isn't to my admittedly conservative taste but I can appreciate the hard work and dedication that the owner has put into placing his own "stamp" on his car.

The risk with hassling the owner over this on the forum is that there is a risk of the club becoming exclusive rather then inclusive and if that happens it's days are numbered.

Let's celebrate our unity in diversity here.

Andy.

StevenWilliams
7th February 2010, 09:05
Quite right.. You have to honour the hard work and dedication that people put into the cars..

:oops:

I cannot resist any longer..

You want flames.. Well here are some :D

http://www.rover.williams-knights.com/theshame/059c67fcff8cb99b795c3bb332057e62.jpg

stevemac
7th February 2010, 09:12
You want flames.. Well here are some :D

http://www.rover.williams-knights.com/theshame/059c67fcff8cb99b795c3bb332057e62.jpg

Sweet, wonder what they would look like on Royal Blue ;)

richardwjackson
7th February 2010, 10:42

Very sorry for any offence caused and apologies all round, had a bit too much to drink last night! The car just reminded me of my neighbours Saxo and he is causing me a few problems at the moment.

I have removed the offending post.......sorry again.......:lol: