PDA

View Full Version : Help water in passenger footwell

jagn
29th December 2009, 18:41
:confused:I have a Rover 75, everything works great and I have had no problems for two years, though the car has spent most time in garage as I work most of the year in Mozambique. This November it has developed a leak into the nearside passenger well. Nothing in the boot and I can't see any signe of water flowing from the boot area, and the door seals are dry. I have stripped the boot lining. It fills with water just standing in the rain. Another strange thing is that when the mats are looking and feeling just a little damp after drying, going for a drive on dry roads fills them again. No water in sunroof and even after hosing the sun roof has no water in. Allfront end drains are clear. The water first settles in the area of the seat belt bolt and back from there, then spreads across the whole are. Please help! It's spoiling a great car.

mark d3
29th December 2009, 18:47
there are many links on here about water in the boot[look in the how to section] did you say that you are getting water in the passenger footwell?if so you have blocked plenum drains[also in how to]

JohnDotCom
29th December 2009, 18:50
If you have a sunroof, a known problem area.
There are many Threads on all of these.
Try doing a search using search facility at top of page.
If no joy post back.

jagn
30th December 2009, 08:58
All plenims are clear and dry, that was the first thing checked. How can I check the rear drains from the sun roof, though when looking into the sun roof it is dry. Thanks for your help.

jagn
30th December 2009, 09:02
Sorry my fault, I did not say it was the rear nearside passenger footwell. The front is dry.There is no water entering the front footwells.:shrug:

grathu
23rd July 2011, 18:12
:smilie_re:I too have the same problem when it rains, (running a 02 75 Tourer)the rear off side foot-well fills with water. I use a towel to soak up the excess and then use the foot warmers on the heater to help dry the rest. Other than that the car is grand. Any ideas as to the potential problem???.
grathu :bowdown:

HarryM1BYT
23rd July 2011, 18:44
I'm not suggesting they might be the cause of the leak, but the rear sunroof drains are by the inner wings at the rear, hidden behind the boot lining. The pipe end just plugs into the last bit going through the boot floor and can easily become disturbed.

suffolk boy
23rd July 2011, 19:56
check your door seals they have a habit of becoming unstuck