PDA

View Full Version : 2002 CDT exhaust fumes coming into car

markengland123
28th January 2010, 19:54
Hi all. I have a 2002 CDT saloon that has covered 90K miles and have noticed exhaust fumes coming in to the car. I have had the exhaust checked over and have been told it is fine. I have read on here that there is a plastic T-piece in the engine which can fracture and allow fumes in to the car. I have removed the noise cover but cannot see the pipes or T-piece. Can anyone enlighten me as to where this is please or what it looks like? Or is there anything else that could be letting the fumes into the car? I look forward to your replies. Many thanks for your help. Mark.

Greeners
28th January 2010, 20:06
welcome along....

Start out by checking the pollen filter, as it's not unknown for them to get wet and be removed instead of being replaced. Whist your there, make sure all the drains are clear.

Have a search on plenum, and they'll be loads on how to ccess it.

markengland123
28th January 2010, 20:08
Thanks for that. I changed the pollen filter myself last year so I know it was done and the plenum chamber is definitely clear, again checked myself and bought the car from Julian who does all the checks like this as well.

Greeners
28th January 2010, 20:10
does it make any difference weather the AC is on recirculating, ECON or off ?

markengland123
28th January 2010, 20:11
Not tried that, I always have it set on ECON but will try the air con and recirc functions tomorrow. Would still be interested to check this illusive T-piece though just for peace of mind as it seems they are a common fail item. Thanks for your help Greeners

Greeners
28th January 2010, 20:15
Mark

Link to Diesel emissions (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemList--Rover-75-MG-ZT-Fuel-and-Exhaust-2000-Diesel--m-3050)

it might be work having look through see if you can spot the T piece

Avionics
7th February 2010, 20:58
Hi, I have '00 CDT with 130K+ miles, and same problems with fumes. Also cheked exhaust, and it was all ok, but have found that the turbine is wet from some oil, and that could be the only reason so far. It smells after a while, with AC on, and always on highways about 3,000rpm or so. It's too cold to try anything without AC...