PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to buy a new one then?

Tatts
10th November 2006, 20:30

JP53
10th November 2006, 20:32
MG Z7 that is, when they start rolling off the lines at Longbridge?

Or are folk going to hang onto their 75's/ZT's?

Hang onto my 75, it's the real thing ;)

Tim
10th November 2006, 20:36
MG Z7 that is, when they start rolling off the lines at Longbridge?

Or are folk going to hang onto their 75's/ZT's?

Hang on to both mine. The ZT is a lifer :D

Simon
10th November 2006, 20:42
Z7... So they added ZT and 75 to make Z7.

Gosh.

Whatever will they think of next.... :twonk:

Think I'll stay patriotic to good ol' Blighty.... I like my pre-facelift ZT very very very much.

Commodore
11th November 2006, 07:43
If they are still making them once I've driven the 75 in to the ground, I'll definitely consider it.

For the time being, my 75 has 11,650 on the clock, so it's got a few years left in it yet.

Alex30013k
11th November 2006, 10:28
If they are still making them once I've driven the 75 in to the ground, I'll definitely consider it.

For the time being, my 75 has 11,650 on the clock, so it's got a few years left in it yet.

Thats going to be in at least 10 years...

BMC123
11th November 2006, 10:30
if i win the lotto or something then yes i might buy one..... provided of course it does not get the Top gear Clarkson "kiss of death" (although if i remember he did like the V8) :D

Commodore
11th November 2006, 13:51
Thats going to be in at least 10 years...
Hopefully! Especially as I'm going to still be paying for it for the next 5 years :)

Zeb
11th November 2006, 16:30
I have only just got a new 'old' one!;)

MartinW
11th November 2006, 16:41
Anyone been looking at the Roewe 750 apart from the MG Z7? What are your thoughts on the changes to the design?

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 16:54
Anyone been looking at the Roewe 750 apart from the MG Z7? What are your thoughts on the changes to the design?

There was a good discussion going on over here:-
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79&highlight=Roewe
It has dropped off a bit though. :)

Rob Bell
11th November 2006, 18:32

Wouldn't touch that with a barge pole - although arguably, it will be more 'Rover' than the MG Z7 thanks to all the ex-Rover personelle working on it!

The new MG Z7? I haven't decided, but I am in no rush to sell our lovely ZTT :cool:

Keith
11th November 2006, 19:07
Interesting to see what they produce

Last year I was toying with what to buy for around £20K I would never have thought I would have ended up with three damn good cars for what I was going to spend on one BMW!

I won't be in the market for anything else for a while but when production of new models does begin I bet many of us will be taking test drives and heading back here to report our findings.

Slowly these new cars will begin to infiltrate the forum if they are effectively the same car (assuming we let them in that is) and we will have a new breed of member to entertain us.

JP53
11th November 2006, 19:21
Interesting to see what they produce

Last year I was toying with what to buy for around £20K I would never have thought I would have ended up with three damn good cars for what I was going to spend on one BMW!

I won't be in the market for anything else for a while but when production of new models does begin I bet many of us will be taking test drives and heading back here to report our findings.

Slowly these new cars will begin to infiltrate the forum if they are effectively the same car (assuming we let them in that is) and we will have a new breed of member to entertain us.

So who will be brave enough to get one first? Not that there is any extraction of urine on this forum :laughing2:

Petew
11th November 2006, 19:59
Depends what it does to the resale values of zt / 75's

Pete

JP53
11th November 2006, 20:05

Pete

I don't think it will do them any harm and if the panels and alot of the parts fit it may push prices up. :)

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 20:09

Pete

I reckon good examples will hold a very favourable price as time marches on. Especially regarding the styling of the Mk1 against Mk2 and the Chinese efforts.. Nothing wrong with them in my view, just the timeless quality of the Mk1 75 an ZT looks win every time. IMHO

JP53
11th November 2006, 20:16
I reckon good examples will hold a very favourable price as time marches on. Especially regarding the styling of the Mk1 against Mk2 and the Chinese efforts.. Nothing wrong with them in my view, just the timeless quality of the Mk1 75 an ZT looks win every time. IMHO

Yes there is some thing timeless about the MK1. I think that future classic car owners will view them in the same way that chrome and rubber bumpered MGB's are looked upon now.

markperkins
12th November 2006, 13:38
Even though I have a Mk2, I still prefer the look of the Mk1.
The radiator grille with lights always looks the part. Somehow the Mk2 lights are a bit BMW (not good!).
However, I do prefer the boot line more on the Mk2.
The Mk1 will be the Classic.

Resale values?
Once the Roewe comes along, the ZTs and 75s will be a very arractive proposition secondhand.
I would not expect a slide in values, perhaps just a gradual decline.
FRSH and chip-free bodywork will reap dividends for resale.

I did hear that the run-out Mk2s will be the ones to attract best resales later?
Any thoughts on this?

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 13:58
Hello Mark Welcome to the forum and the club.

Couldn't agree more with your obsevations, see my post :)
Mk1 in my eyes will always win hands down . The Mk2 was a good effort taking into account the financial situation, but just doesn't ring my bell.

I don't think ultimately that there will be great deal of difference between 1s and 2s regarding values.
Given money and garage facilities I would have a 75 Mk1 and my Zed, winning the lottery would result in one for each day of the week in different colours. :)

Zeb
12th November 2006, 20:10
The Mk11 will have more of a 'rarity' value however because they produced much fewer of them..:cool:

JP53
12th November 2006, 20:15
The Mk11 will have more of a 'rarity' value however because they produced much fewer of them..:cool:

Good point Zeb and MG's will be the rarest of the lot. Even rarer if they are advertised on fleabay ;) :D

Keith
12th November 2006, 21:27

Depends
There were considerably more MK2 V8s than MK1s

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 21:30
Good point Zeb and MG's will be the rarest of the lot. Even rarer if they are advertised on fleabay ;) :D

My Zed is already as rare as hens teeth in UK. 2003, 74, 180 sport autos were registered, mine was registered 2004 and was the only one available from UK stock when I bought it. I wonder how many are still in circulation.