PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Query

eVoHicks
10th November 2006, 21:37
Hi, on my way to pick the lad up tonight, real miserable night, raining pretty much all the way home, get to a roundabout and have to wait, wipers on normal speed, then when I come to a stop, wipers stop and go to intermittant. I go again, and they go back to normal speed, til I come to next T-junction, they go to intermittant again, never leaving me with a screen full of rain at any point.
Now I am sure I have normal rain wipers and not the rain sensative ones. Whats the deal with this?

PS this is probably the 1st time I have used the wipers on 1st speed since I have had the car in start stop conditions.

Andy

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:41
Hi, on my way to pick the lad up tonight, real miserable night, raining pretty much all the way home, get to a roundabout and have to wait, wipers on normal speed, then when I come to a stop, wipers stop and go to intermittant. I go again, and they go back to normal speed, til I come to next T-junction, they go to intermittant again, never leaving me with a screen full of rain at any point.
Now I am sure I have normal rain wipers and not the rain sensative ones. Whats the deal with this?

PS this is probably the 1st time I have used the wipers on 1st speed since I have had the car in start stop conditions.

Andy

You have speed sensitive wipers...

eVoHicks
10th November 2006, 21:42
ah I see, hmmmm interesting, thanks.
Andy

PS never heard of that before :)

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:51
ah I see, hmmmm interesting, thanks.
Andy

PS never heard of that before :)

Lol...they slow down when you slow down...

eVoHicks
10th November 2006, 21:53
Lol...they slow down when you slow down...

Erm, hang on a min, what if I slow down and the rain gets heavier lol.
I had the car nearly 4 months, and only just noticed this lol
Andy

Zeb
10th November 2006, 21:55
Erm, hang on a min, what if I slow down and the rain gets heavier lol.
I had the car nearly 4 months, and only just noticed this lol
Andy

I guess MGR thought that it wouldn't matter cos you are only moving slowly...

eVoHicks
10th November 2006, 21:58
Well, I am pleased this has been included. My Rover Coupe baffled me when the rear wiper came alive when I was reversing, having the intermittent wipe on............. nice stuff Rover, every little helps :P

Simon
10th November 2006, 22:20
This behaviour is entirely normal.

Handbook says it all:

When you the wipers are on (not the intermittent setting) and your road speed falls below 5mph, the wipers switch to the next lowest speed.

So, if the wipers are on super fast they'll switch to fast. If they're on fast, they switch to intermittent.

No rain-sensitive thingy-ma-bobies just good ol' British thinking! ;)

Keith
10th November 2006, 22:37
Andy 95% of the time the system works fine just occasionally you my need to give it a flick.

BMC123
11th November 2006, 01:05
I posted about that problem in the other forum a while back, and was told this was something that can be turned on or off on the computer at service. next service for me, its going off. Our old Renault had it, and a right pain they are in heavy rain, what genius thought them up I wonder.... :rolleyes:
Obviously somebody who does not live in a town with 3 mini roundabouts populated by mad old biddy's in Honda civics that don't know what a roundabout is, and seem to be oblivious to the fact that we can't See them as our wipers have stopped.
:eek:

JP53
11th November 2006, 06:08

Andy

They are speed sensitive wipers Andy. I like them.