PDA

View Full Version : SMC Trading

Pete
11th November 2006, 09:04
Hello everyone!

Now this is not a blatant plug, just a bit of feedback following an earlier thread on the door mirror covers being sold by SMC Trading on fleaBay. We've all heard the horror stories about spivs ripping people off on there, so I thought I would say something positive for once.

I had a look through their listing on the site and ordered a pair of bullet covers for my Mk1 in Midnight Blue (as coincidentally my car is that very colour). Two days later the covers arrived, in their original Rover boxes taped together to make postage easier, snuggled up in bubblewrap. Popping outside the paint match was spot-on. Well it blimmin well should be seeing as they are MGR parts but paint can still change shade slightly between batches so it pays to check anyway. And both items were spotless, flawless, perfectly finished. The price was a very reasonable £4.99 each and the postage £3.00 on top, about right after Royal Mail's recent changes.

So thanks to SMC for the covers and if you are thinking of a new set, do bear them in mind. They do chrome ones too which I may get for alternative use.

Cheers,

Pete

pondweed
11th November 2006, 10:15
me too in agreement - if theyve got your colour.... not worth NOT ordering them! amazing how much the original paint had faded/worn in comparison.
but someone should have a word with them about how they list them.. they dont make it easy for themselves to sell them, not putting the actual colour in the title of the listings.

Pete
11th November 2006, 10:19
I'm guessing that it is a straight copy and paste of the parts catalogue they hold, hence why it takes a while to browse though. Mind you, I'm a bit of a bowser when it comes to car bits :lol:

Commodore
11th November 2006, 13:55
I too have bought seceral things from SMC Trading on eBay (Genuine R75 car mats, touch-up paint, MG Rover warning triangles) and have found them to be excellent. Only hiccup was the very poor packaging they used for the mats & warning triangles. They folded the mats round the triangle box and put the lot in a bin bag. luckily they didn't put a permanent fold in the mats, which straightened out after a coule of days hanging on the back of a door.

Raistlin
11th November 2006, 15:12
SMC saved me a fortune when the inevitable happened to my radiator fan.

Arrived next day, perfect condition, well packed.

I'd be confident to buy form them again.

Kandyman
11th November 2006, 15:29
I have never had a problem with them, and i have used them a few times ;)

I have even had a cup of tea of them when i have poped over to pick somthing up rather then getting it posted.

As i always say, if your not sure ring them and ask them about the "whatever" you what to buy, And if you mention your from the 75/ZT owners club you might get a % off ;)

IanRobertson
12th November 2006, 23:23
I bought my front brake pads from them. Paid £31.00 with next day delivery. Was very impressed with the service.

JohnFol
13th November 2006, 08:03
Ditto. In fact I drove over there to meet them, and they even stayed open a few mins longer to wait for me. Top bananas

Keith
13th November 2006, 17:42
I ordered 10 spark plugs (no prizes in guessing what for) and they arrived today in a bigger than expected box they had thrown in a free touring kit as I forgot to ask for the 10% discount.

GreyGhost
13th November 2006, 18:33
I ordered 10 spark plugs (no prizes in guessing what for) and they arrived today in a bigger than expected box they had thrown in a free touring kit as I forgot to ask for the 10% discount.

10 ....:eek:

JP53
13th November 2006, 18:45

Thats just being greedy! I reckon it's the strain of that power fold mirror retro fit, he can't remember if he's got a V8 or a V12 so he got 10 to make sure he got the wrong amount :laughing2:

Jürgen
13th November 2006, 20:45
SMC Trading are recommendable, quick delivery and decent prices. I bought a new cooling fan motor and fan blades recently. Thanks for the tip, Keith.

Commodore
13th November 2006, 21:38
Must be two sets for his limited edition V5 engine :)

Dave Goody
14th November 2006, 16:22
Must be two sets for his limited edition V5 engine :)

Is that the "Rare" V5 seen on e.bay?

Kandyman
15th November 2006, 12:24
Having just come back from a meeting with the guys at SMC where i was supplied with a cup of tea while we chatted about all things 75/ZT and putting the world to rights.

I then remembered what i went there for and paid my money and came away with a wooden Steering wheel :D

Mike
15th November 2006, 12:27
They just signed up as members (SMC that is :) )

Kandyman
15th November 2006, 12:30
:) looks like i said the right stuff to them ;)

Commodore
15th November 2006, 22:53
Excellent - just won a new steering wheel airbag from them on eBay - will drop them a line, see if I can get a couple of quid off :)