PDA

View Full Version : Car washing

tourerfogey
4th May 2007, 19:04
Anyone tried these?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/basilfawlty/Armorall_CarWash_Wipes__6143190.gif
You're supposed to be able to wash your car with these without using water. I don't recommend this, but I have found these wipes are excellent for wiping the car over once you have washed it with soap and water. So much easier than using a leather and they remove any remaining water marks to leave a very good, clean, spotless finish.
They cost about £4 for a pack of ten wipes and I use 3 wipes each time I wash the car.
:)

Zeb
4th May 2007, 21:28
Awww bless! Baby wipes for our other babies:oh you:

nairda
4th May 2007, 21:37
My brother rates Armor All for restoring his tyres. I would think that a good rinse before using something like those wipes would be better for the paint. Wouldn't want to wipe a grit impregnated cloth over the paint!

Personally, a good rinse with the hose followed by a shampoo using the two bucket method and a lambswool mitt is the way to go. Dry using a good quality waffle weave microfibre cloth followed by a coat or two of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I could go into detail about clay, sealants and waxes, but it's probably been covered elsewhere!

Ross R75
4th May 2007, 23:21
My brother rates Armor All for restoring his tyres. I would think that a good rinse before using something like those wipes would be better for the paint. Wouldn't want to wipe a grit impregnated cloth over the paint!

Personally, a good rinse with the hose followed by a shampoo using the two bucket method and a lambswool mitt is the way to go. Dry using a good quality waffle weave microfibre cloth followed by a coat or two of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I could go into detail about clay, sealants and waxes, but it's probably been covered elsewhere!

Amen to that, a man after my own heart. These cars deserve a sound detailing regime. Anybody washing with a sponge or dare I say it, a brush deserves twenty lashes and a sound talking to IMO.

BMC123
5th May 2007, 00:17
I bought a lambswool mitt off fleabay a while back, and I have as yet not been able to wash the car with it. mainly as my father gets there before me ! he loves it, and wonders why we never used them before as they make washing the car so much easier.

Z135T
6th May 2007, 18:28
Wife,washes, polishes,hoovers it and cleans the wheel spotlessly I think it's called ELBOW GREASE.