PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint - where from?

Rob Bell
11th November 2006, 14:22
Since my local MG Rover dealership (formerly Palmsville, then Phoenix Muswell Hill) closed last year, I now have to look else where for those elusive MG Rover bits and bobs. You know, the things you take for granted. Like touch up paint.

Went into the local branch of Halfrauds yesterday and asked for some Royal Blue touch up paint (there's another story connected to this - more another day I think!) - but found nothing on the shelf - and nothing in their computer...

Where on earth do I get Royal Blue touch up paint? Helpfully, they suggested calling MG... :rolleyes:

Where would you chaps get touch up paint? X-Part/ Rimmer Bros?

Mike
11th November 2006, 14:31
Since my local MG Rover dealership (formerly Palmsville, then Phoenix Muswell Hill) closed last year, I now have to look else where for those elusive MG Rover bits and bobs. You know, the things you take for granted. Like touch up paint.

Went into the local branch of Halfrauds yesterday and asked for some Royal Blue touch up paint (there's another story connected to this - more another day I think!) - but found nothing on the shelf - and nothing in their computer...

Where on earth do I get Royal Blue touch up paint? Helpfully, they suggested calling MG... :rolleyes:

Yup Rimmer Bros, XPart or another dealer (try the dealer locator on the club site)

hth

Mike

ps your .org inbox is full ;)

Rob Bell
11th November 2006, 14:36
Empty now Mike :)

Thanks. No dealership for miles... I'll get it delivered I think.

Need to spray a piece of plastic so to try and get a good colour match with leather for the seat re-trim! :D

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 14:41
Empty now Mike :)

Thanks. No dealership for miles... I'll get it delivered I think.

Need to spray a piece of plastic so to try and get a good colour match with leather for the seat re-trim! :D

Rimmers are easy to deal with, I don't know whether they can supply spray they do stock touch up kits (pencils) tube of paint and brush, tube of lacquer
£5.19 delivered.

JP53
11th November 2006, 16:39

Hi Rob, Land Rover Oslow Blue is the exact same colour it's just got a differant name. John.

Roverron
11th November 2006, 18:05
www.paints4u.com will supply touch up paint in cans and aerosols to the paint code.
Delivery is quick and they also sell kits for touching up chips mixed to your pant code.

Ron

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 18:13
Thanks RR that's an excellent source. :)

Rob Bell
11th November 2006, 18:29
Thanks guys :group:

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 18:32
Hello Rob looks like you are local :)

I'm in Crouch End.

If I see your car I'll flyer it :) :)

yp53
17th November 2006, 14:51
Halfords in all likelihood can mix your colour - its just that it will be listed under 'British Leyland' on their computer. My Odyssey Blue JGA was - and was an excellent colour match by the way.

stef_uk
17th November 2006, 15:28
halford colour match is spot on just take your paint code in and they will mix while you wait...and only £9.99..for a large can:lol:

Keith
17th November 2006, 15:33
Trouble with Halfords they can struggle to find the code and some have reported a less than good match.

I would however say try them first if they are on your doorstep and then go to Paints4U.

yp53
17th November 2006, 15:57
I think the match is to the largest extent dependant on how steady the hands of the oik at the mixing controls are - pouring the paint whilst reading the scales must be a particular challenge to the yoof uf tuday, particularly if he not good at this new fangled decimal stuff. I don't suppose there is anything different about the paint Halfords use or the colour composition tables.