PDA

View Full Version : drivers cup holder

Phil
11th November 2006, 17:30
Hi, I've bought a drivers side cup holder for my 75, I have worked out how to get the blanking plate off, but can't see how to get the frame bit out to fit the cup holder in, is there a tab to bend out the way or something? If somebody can give me some pointers, when I do it, I'll take some photo's and do a how to if anyone thinks it'll be worth it?

Mike
11th November 2006, 17:40
iirc the frame doesn't catch on the tab but just in case:

shine a torch inside the opening to the bottom lh side edge near the front. You will see a small clip affair that holds the cupholders in.

If it isn't clipped in their then it isn't clipped in anywhere so give it a good pull

hth

Mike

GreyGhost
11th November 2006, 17:43
I was under the impression that the blanking plate support was just a push fit / unfit .

How to would be good Phil thanks.

Rob Bell
11th November 2006, 18:33
I think you're right - it just pulls out IIRC...

JP53
11th November 2006, 18:53
Hi, I've bought a drivers side cup holder for my 75, I have worked out how to get the blanking plate off, but can't see how to get the frame bit out to fit the cup holder in, is there a tab to bend out the way or something? If somebody can give me some pointers, when I do it, I'll take some photo's and do a how to if anyone thinks it'll be worth it?

I think evohicks fitted his cup holder himself, he may be along soon, John

Phil
12th November 2006, 15:11
Just fitted it, mine had a clip to release down the side, then the frame just fell out. I took photo's to do a how to for other members benefit, I don't know how to upload photo's, when I try it asks for a web address, but they are on my pc. How can I upload them?

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 15:13
Just fitted it, mine had a clip to release down the side, then the frame just fell out. I took photo's to do a how to for other members benefit, I don't know how to upload photo's, when I try it asks for a web address, but they are on my pc. How can I upload them?

Hello Phil upload them to your image gallery and then link to them from there. They are probably too big to use the manage image in the thread.
If that isn't helpful I'll do a one liner instruction set for you by PM.

Phil
12th November 2006, 15:15
yes please mate.

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 15:16
yes please mate.

OK about ten minutes.

Phil
12th November 2006, 15:27
Cheers, I did try to upload them but it just says image too dimensions too big.

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 15:31
Cheers, I did try to upload them but it just says image too dimensions too big.

Thought so that was my last comment in instructions.
Email them to me and I'll strip out extraneous colours and resize to a useful size
Address in PM