PDA

View Full Version : Fitting the Gerry T piece and new top hose.

Becs512
9th April 2010, 14:37
Sorry to ask what will probably be a silly question.....

Having read how important it is to avoid any airlocks in the cooling system, will I need to drain the whole system (and then vacuum fill it) when I fit the Gerry T piece and new top hose or, can I just simply top up any coolant that spills out ?

Any advice would be appreciated..........

T-Cut
9th April 2010, 15:19
You don't need to drain down. Just slacken the lowest clip on the T-piece and let it drain to that level. You can then remove and refit the Gerry-T. Just top it up with coolant mix and you shouldn't create any air issues.

TC

chrissyboy
9th April 2010, 15:57
Sorry to ask what will probably be a silly question.....

Having read how important it is to avoid any airlocks in the cooling system, will I need to drain the whole system (and then vacuum fill it) when I fit the Gerry T piece and new top hose or, can I just simply top up any coolant that spills out ?

Any advice would be appreciated..........

i would recommend that whilst you have lost most of the coolant by taking off the hose ,to flush the system though take off top and bottom hose place hose pipe in top hose and let it run for 10 mins so you know it is all clear and clean and nothing left in it to cause a blockage at a later date .although as t-cut says it is not a must to do ,by doing this you will know that there will be no trouble later on ...

pab
9th April 2010, 18:55
no need to drain the system unless a coolant change is scheduled.

bleeding the system should not be required,working on the top of the system.

ensure you get the best quality jubilee clips.