PDA

View Full Version : ABS Sensor

lildevil
12th November 2006, 14:31
Hi

My ABS light has been on a good while now, found out that it is the sensor nothing to serious so I didn't worry about it being on UNTIL..... I found out that even with the ABS light on the car will fail the MOT. So I need to know how much I am looking at for a new ABS sensor + fitting. Oh whilst im at it I may as well have a new low brake pad wire fitted so how much am I looking at all in all? Thats new ABS Sensor + fitting & Low Brake Pad wire + fitting?

Regards
Tom

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 15:04
Hi

My ABS light has been on a good while now, found out that it is the sensor nothing to serious so I didn't worry about it being on UNTIL..... I found out that even with the ABS light on the car will fail the MOT. So I need to know how much I am looking at for a new ABS sensor + fitting. Oh whilst im at it I may as well have a new low brake pad wire fitted so how much am I looking at all in all? Thats new ABS Sensor + fitting & Low Brake Pad wire + fitting?

Regards
Tom

Brake warning cables are usually replaced when replacing pads one front one rear. Unless you have replaced the pads without the cables then it will not be necessary. They are availble discounted from E Car Parts Sandy Beds for £ 15.00

I can't find a price for ABS sensor at the moment, someone will be along shortly to help, once they have awoken from their aternoon naps, poor old souls :)

Mike
12th November 2006, 15:42
Around £40 for the ABS sensor

Mike

lildevil
12th November 2006, 16:20
Hi

Thanks Grey Ghost & thanks mike. Two more questions:

Is the £40 inc fitting?
Anyway of telling what ABS sensor it is? Without having all of the wheels
off? Speedo is working fine.

Regards
Tom

confusedone
16th November 2006, 12:54
Hi

Thanks Grey Ghost & thanks mike. Two more questions:

Is the £40 inc fitting?
Anyway of telling what ABS sensor it is? Without having all of the wheels
off? Speedo is working fine.

Regards
Tom
HELLO YOU CAN BUY ABS SENSOR ON E..BAY FOR 35 POUNDS AND SOME SELLERS FIT THEM GIVE THEM A RING GOOD LUCK ..MIKE