PDA

View Full Version : Pressurisation.

Phil
12th November 2006, 18:32
How hard would a hose get if the cooling system was pressurisin due to hgf on a 1.8 turbo k series?

ladwa
12th November 2006, 18:40
Do you mean after switching the engine off or whilst it is running?

When the HG went on my ZT 1.8t, the top radiator hose was rock hard when the engine was running. When removing the header cap the following morning, there would be a big swoooosh indicating air in the system.

Such was the pressure that coolant was being forced out from the coolant hoses attached to the turbo.

All was resolved by Lates!

Mike
12th November 2006, 18:41
How hard would a hose get if the cooling system was pressurisin due to hgf on a 1.8 turbo k series?

Phil,

iirc the answer is rock hard.

hth

Mike :)

Phil
12th November 2006, 18:46
So I wouldn't be able to squeeze them at all? With the new hoses on the hoses just seem harder after a run thats all and I'm just panicking now cos the level seems to be dropping quite quickly now. It's silly i know and it's obviously the air coming out of the cooling system but try as I might I can't get that through my to my brain.

GreyGhost
12th November 2006, 18:51
So I wouldn't be able to squeeze them at all? With the new hoses on the hoses just seem harder after a run thats all and I'm just panicking now cos the level seems to be dropping quite quickly now. It's silly i know and it's obviously the air coming out of the cooling system but try as I might I can't get that through my to my brain.

Just keep checking, the feeling will go away. "But not just yet" :)

Phil
13th November 2006, 20:05
Do you mean after switching the engine off or whilst it is running?

When the HG went on my ZT 1.8t, the top radiator hose was rock hard when the engine was running. When removing the header cap the following morning, there would be a big swoooosh indicating air in the system.

Such was the pressure that coolant was being forced out from the coolant hoses attached to the turbo.

All was resolved by Lates!

Well, when the engine is hot and running the hose seems very hard, I can still squeeze it about quarter in but it certainly isn't soft, when I check the coolant in the morning I do get a very small hiss when removing the cap after the engine has been off all night.